View Poll Results: Do you think there should be ONE organization that represents all forms of archery?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 52.63%
  • No

45 47.37%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Archery in BC

Re: Archery in BC

Thanks GG. Haven't opened them up but I'll definitely take a look at them, if I haven't read them at some point already.

Cheers,
    4ster

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Perhaps this is because there is more opportunity there? Perhaps we should consider the potential for increased hunter involvement if we expand on current bowhunting opportunities?

I'd put money on this next statement. There is a lot of talk about the increase in the elk population in the EK, guys are listening and guys from afar will be planning a hunt to the EK this fall. I'm sure, there is a large percentage that will evaluate the opportunities before them and consider that the any elk bow only season is their best opportunity.

GG, not everyone has a degree in wildlife management, but just because their passionate about their hunt and they feel a desire to express it, that shouldn't be frowned upon. I feel personally you shouldn't be looking down on them or challenging them to walk in your shoes. You are consistently full of judgement. You obviously have the time to do research, perhaps others have work, or children.
    Your perception.

Different people, different expectations. People with a background should be questioned when they put up opinions, particularly if they haven't collected available information. People with experience should also be questioned and asked to support arguments. People should also be asking questions.

If hunters don't ask tough questions of themselves and their role they'll end up with a diminished voice, out-competed with other stakeholders, and running behind the bus instead of driving it. Listening to the same campfire coffee discussion for 30 years certainly hasn't helped any of us. Like reading an LEH thread.

An unfounded 'perhaps' is only a short hop from not knowing.

I'm generally to the point.

Supporting an argument is part of life. I suppose that's part of the challenge and part of the effort that should be put into forming an opinion. We don't do ourselves any favours with anything short of that.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Or "perhaps" is based on one fact that I've read the AMO insights into bowhunters 8 years ago (approximately) and it at that time made an impression on me.

I understand credibility is only based on supportive research with you. As you mature, you will eventually realize, life provides us with many lessons. Research is but one part. Have you perhaps read the document, "Bowhunting, a Seldom Used Wildlife Management Tool In BC" written by Jim Renn? I'm guessing 5 or 6 years ago.

When we read, our perception on things might change. I believe we don't always have to cite verbatim to make a point. We are on a chat site, not, a court of law. Maybe some of us are just now doing our research, while others are much further along. Just a statement of question.

To the point, this is not a site where decisions are made. Quite frankly. But people should be provided an opportunity to share their thoughts, experiences and impressions. I'm very interested in learning from those that want to share an experience.

I understand credibility is only based on supportive research with you. As you mature, you will eventually realize, life provides us with many lessons. Research is but one part.
    As I said depends on the person and the background. Expectations are much higher for somebody with a degree in biology or post sec in biology.

Have you perhaps read the document, "Bowhunting, a Seldom Used Wildlife Management Tool In BC" written by Jim Renn? I'm guessing 5 or 6 years ago.
    yes I have.

When we read, our perception on things might change. I believe we don't always have to cite verbatim to make a point. We are on a chat site, not, a court of law. Maybe some of us are just now doing our research, while others are much further along. Just a statement of question.

To the point, this is not a site where decisions are made. Quite frankly. But people should be provided an opportunity to share their thoughts, experiences and impressions. I'm very interested in learning from those that want to share an experience.
    No doubt people should share their experiences.

I'm hoping that we can raise the bar when it comes to information and education of resident hunters. We won't do that unless we have and make use of all the information available to us.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

This is a loaded question to me and I can not answer it as I belive that there should be one group that represents all of us, hunters of any type, fishing people, trappers and all gun owners.

The anti's will continue to make headway in this world because they keep us devide and fighting amongst ourselves.

It is shown right here on the groupe with post like Are crossbows archery?? You bet we all bart of a brotherhood and need to unite.

DEVIDE AND CONQUER

I have been preaching this for year and we don't seem to get it.

If all the combined drive of every outdoor sportsman orginazartion and the firearms groups were to join as one voice and one force I wonder what would happen.

So maybe the poll should be asking if we want to all join together and be ONE VOICE and ONE FORCE ???????
    Last edited by trapperdan2061; 03-12-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    When the sh*t hit's the fan ... You need a Redneck Man ......

Quote Originally Posted by trapperdan2061 View Post
    This is a loaded question to me and I can not answer it as I belive that there should be one group that represents all of us, hunters of any type, fishing people, trappers and all gun owners.

The anti's will continue to make headway in this world because they keep us devide and fighting amongst ourselves.

DEVIDE AND CONQUER

I have been preaching this for year and we don't seem to get it.

If all the combined drive of every outdoor sportsman orginazartion and the firearms groups were to join as one voice and one force I wonder what would happen.

So maybe the poll should be asking if we want to all join together and be ONE VOICE and ONE FORCE ???????
    Dan, the question is not in regards to hunting. The question is in regards to archery in its many forms, being continually split up and divided by infighting and "purist" attitudes.

Like you said being continually split up and divided by INFIGHTING and "purist" attitudes.

Get everyone on the same TEAM.
    When the sh*t hit's the fan ... You need a Redneck Man ......

Quote Originally Posted by trapperdan2061 View Post
    Like you said being continually split up and divided by INFIGHTING and "purist" attitudes.

Get everyone on the same TEAM.
    Yup. Bowhunters hate target shooters and trad shooters hate crossbows. Sad state of affairs