View Poll Results: Do you think there should be ONE organization that represents all forms of archery?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 52.63%
  • No

45 47.37%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Archery in BC

Archery in BC

As a long time member of the archery community in BC I have seen a fair bit of change in how things work. In recent years, the rift between different groups has widened (In my eyes anyway). With the rise of organizations such as the TBBC and UBBC, do you feel that archery is now more or less organized in BC? Are you comfortable with the system as it is now? I would personally like to see a unified archery organization for BC with different 'caucuses' if you will, each representing a certain, more specialized division of archery. EG: Target, 3D, Bowhunting, Traditional and Crossbow. (Examples only! I am in no way attempting to draw lines!).
    We, as the members of HBC, have been closer to agreeing lately than ever before. Discuss.
    Last edited by Tinney; 04-04-2007 at 07:08 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Archery in BC

Well Tinney, There are those that have been fighting for unity for a long time. Looking at various options developing relationships and earning trust and credibility.

Should there be one Rod and Gun Club?

The UBBC now has representation in every area of the province. It is gaining respect provincially, it is a new organization and it is the culmination of a lot of work between members of many organizations, breaking down the barriers and building new relationships.

There are those that want one thing out of their involvement and those that want something different. The UBBC represents an opportunity for anyone that wants to support more bowhunting opportunity in BC.

Once again you don't state your geographic area on your handle, so I can't advise you whom to seek out.

The UBBC President lives on the Island, the VP in Quesnel.

I don't need to seek out anyone. I know the who's who. I'm not talking dissolve the regional/city clubs. I'm talking about having ONE umbrella for archers of the province to be under. Not different factions each with a different mission statement and purpose. I would like to see one singular group that is capable of representing everyone. I am from Prince George.
    I understand that the UBBC has been doing good for themselves and I am in now way trying to pick fights with different organization. I am thinking on a larger scale than just the bowhunting community, as I have been on both sides of this fence.

What the hell do you think the UBBC is Tinney?

Sorry, the UBBC represents all bowhunters!!!

I don't feel that it adequately represents me as a bowhunter.

As far as I know this horse is dead, but I guess its still having the boots layed to it.
    Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed

Tinney

What are your perceptions about the various organizations and their mandates? An analogy...

I am a car guy. I belong to the Datsun Club as a special interest community. I belong to a couple internet clubs that best serve as broader technical resources and one that is just social BS between car guys out to have fun. I belong to a race oriented club cause I like to track my car.

I don't think one organization can meet all those interests as well as the separate groups. In fact I want to start another one with the sole mandate to get the freakin oil companies to lower fuel prices!!! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Tinney as pres of the UBBC Im interested. Would you be willing to share your opinion on why you feel you aren't represented.

Gord

Hey Tinny , Good and timely post . The BCAA years ago got talked into having a VP Bowhunting . The first such VP (from Williams Lake) worked hard in this portfolio but got little support and nothing done . The only 'bowhunting venture" they got into was the Prov 3-d Championship where there was money to be made . These Championships have had less participation each year and I admit i have a wee grudge with the organizing group . To be fair the Alberta and Saskatchewan Archery Assc have not impressed me as far as running Prov Championships .
    Years ago I suggested that look into the TBBC being under the central umbrela BCAA , that involved in everything we fought and strived for being lost and our moneys going to them for membership and insurance . It was easy to talk me out of that idea .
    Interestingly I had the same idea of one organization for bowhunters put to me by the then President of the Abbotsford Archery Club . I`m very impressed with the UBBC`s President and Vice along with their members of what they stand for and has been acomplished in such a short time .
    I wish the best to the UBBC ....

REM
    Last edited by greybark; 04-04-2007 at 08:55 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC