Thread: arrow question?

arrow question?

I was just sighting in my new bow i got, and i missed my target. I hit the side of my chicken coop, and now im not sure if i should use that arrow again or if it is no good? it looks like its in good shape and when i bend it slightly in my hands i dont hear any cracking sounds but i want to know your guys opinion. The coop is just plywood with cedar shake siding. Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: arrow question?

inspect it closely, look at where the carbon meets the knock and tip. make sure you don't hear any cracking when you bend the arrow, and put some good flex into the arrow. I've missed the target quite a few times, and have re used a lot of those arrows. I shoot a 70 pound 330fps bow. what kind of speed and weight is your bow? sometimes it doesn't take much to chip or break an arrow. I remember one arrow I was doing my usual bends while walking back to my bow and it snapped in half with almost no pressure applied. and that was an arrow I hit the target with, but must have maybe been hit by another arrow or hit some small hard spot in the target? im not sure.
    Last edited by zippermouth; 03-03-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Is it a carbon arrow? Flex it. Flex it pretty good. |I usually put my thumb between the vanes and flex, rotate my thumb between the next vanes, flex again, and repeat a third time. Flex it up near your ear so you will hear any small cracking. If there is no cracking it should be good to go. You should be doing this after every shot. Or at the very least every few shots.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Flex, flex and flex again. Every direction you can. Right from the nock to the tip. What arrows are you shooting?

Thanks for the info guys im confident now that its ok. it is a carbon arrow and my draw weight is only 45 lbs. This is my first bow so everything is new to me, sure is addicting though! Thanks again.

Like other said give it a good flex at 45lbs good chance arrow is fine