Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria Rally

Re: Victoria Rally

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    So what needs to be done to keep this from getting legislated if the liberals aren't going to listen?
    Recalls start now lets not give up until we get what we want! The liberals want to thumb their noses at tax paying British Columbian's, we will recall them one by one! Thank you for all the Resident Hunters that made it out today, and everyone who helped make this a success, today we made history Thank you fellow Resident Hunters
    Last edited by Spy; 03-02-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Thank you all for attending, it's fully appreciated!!

It was great day for the rally, was proud to be a hunter today and stand together with all who were there. Momentum is building, I am excited to be a part of this we can win this we just have to keep the pedal to the floor. Hopefully once the dust settles we can all keep working together and focus on what is important, our wildlife!

A big thank you to all of the organizers. It was well attended for a week day and the crowd showed great respect for all speakers including Scott Ellis. While Thomson says he will not change I think the rally had an impact....we can only hope. I am not an NDP supporter, but I must say the female MLA from the Kootenays did a great job. The fact that she did not grow up as a hunter but married into a hunting family and now enjoys it really resonated. I disagree with some about Horgan though. All of the other speakers stuck to the topic but Horgan went off on a whole host of issues......in my opinion I just felt the other speakers were more genuine and he was just trolling for votes (as most good politicians would).

A big thanks to all of the sponsors as well.

It was a resounding success. Great weather, lot's of people from all points of B.C. Thank you all for making the effort to come to this historic event.

Sean did a great job of being the emcee. I think you would give Tony Robbins a run for his money on the motivational speach circuit.

Now what ? I don't know what to do with all my spare time now.
    B.C. resident hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    A big thank you to all of the organizers. It was well attended for a week day and the crowd showed great respect for all speakers including Scott Ellis. While Thomson says he will not change I think the rally had an impact....we can only hope. I am not an NDP supporter, but I must say the female MLA from the Kootenays did a great job. The fact that she did not grow up as a hunter but married into a hunting family and now enjoys it really resonated. I disagree with some about Horgan though. All of the other speakers stuck to the topic but Horgan went off on a whole host of issues......in my opinion I just felt the other speakers were more genuine and he was just trolling for votes (as most good politicians would).

A big thanks to all of the sponsors as well.

Katrine Conroy
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Thanks to everyone how was able to attend. Unfortunately I was not able to attend.

thank you to all that went to Victoria today and a big thanks to those that organized this event and made the trip from the interior.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Thank you so much to all the people that attended and to all the people that organized the even.

For those interested, I have made the text of my speech at the rally today available here:

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2015/0...ident-hunters/

It was also an honour for me to table the BCWF petition of over 16,000 signatures in the legislature.

Finally, I introduced a private member's bill today:

The proposed changes remove grizzly bears from the list of animals exempt from meat harvesting regulations and ensure that all edible portions of animals harvested in B.C. are taken directly to the hunter’s residence.

For local sustenance hunters – the vast majority of hunters in B.C. – this bill merely echoes what they are already doing; harvesting wild game to bring the meat home to feed themselves and their families. For non-resident trophy hunters coming to B.C. in search of antlers or a hide this poses a larger logistical challenge of exporting large quantities of meat.