Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Victoria Rally

Re: Victoria Rally

Thanks for posting the links.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Great rally, great speakers and a priceless day with my boys. Thanks to the organizers, it went off without an issue. Wayne, was great talking with you today and thanks for the Timmy's. Makes us proud to be a members of the hunting community.
    It was nice to meet you and your sons, thank you for making the trip over to the island.

A huge thank you to the organizers of the event and to all those who travelled from out of town. Well done all!
    My brother in law was there taking some video. He's not a hunter but he is a professional videographer. I'm sure he got some decent footage..

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
    It was nice to meet you and your sons, thank you for making the trip over to the island.

A huge thank you to the organizers of the event and to all those who travelled from out of town. Well done all!
    My brother in law was there taking some video. He's not a hunter but he is a professional videographer. I'm sure he got some decent footage..
    Fozzy

If he did get some video and could share it would be appreciated. A video was put together of kelowna and we would love to do something similar for Victoria. Feel free to pm me. Thank you
    Wild Sheep Society of BC 1Campfire

Hey guys, the text of my private members bill is now available here:

https://www.leg.bc.ca/40th4th/1st_read/m208-1.htm

This Bill amends the Wildlife Act and Wildlife Act General Regulation to ensure that edible portions of animals killed in BC are taken to a person's residence.

Since almost all of the hunters (including grizzly hunters) I talked to do this already, this bill does not affect BC Hunters. It just puts a great big logistical barrier in front of foreign trophy hunters who are now required to take the meat back to their domicile - no more meat laundering. By forcing Grizzlies to be treated just the same as Black Bears are already treated, you bring thousands and thousands of urban environmentalists onto the same side as BC Hunters. Urbanites eat meat. They understand hunting. But they don't understand hunting only for trophies. 95% of hunters believe you should eat what you kill.

The government may not want this act to go through as it would penalize Guide outfitters over BC Resident hunters. Their recent reallocation tweeks were simply not enough, as we all know. If they don't bring the bill forward, I certainly hope they go back to the reallocation numbers that were recommended to the Minister by staff.

My own personally view is that my bill should be enacted and the Wildlife allocation for protected species should be 90-10 for Resident hunters across the board and Guide outfitters must be BC registered and BC entities.