Thread: target shooting in the woods

target shooting in the woods

Hey guys, I live in east van and there's not much options for just setting up a target and shooting. Where would be the closest place i can go to maybe go for a walk/hike with a target block and just shoot?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: target shooting in the woods

Chilliwack is your best bet.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

You could try going over the Iron Workers bridge and up Indian Arm. There's a few bike paths/hiking trails around, but if you're careful and check your surroundings I think you'd be able to find somewhere to shoot on the backside of Seymour and Seymour lake.

With that said, I would not risk it. I know the Poco range is always busy and quite expensive, but I'd still go there. You can range your stuff appropriately and be much safer in the end.

Just my 2 cents.

Dig a tunnel like those guys in Toronto. Looking at the pics, I would not be surprised if they were just setting a private range where the neighbours couldn't protest.
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

if you go to the poco rod and gun and walk up the road past the gate it goes for miles. You could probably shoot there but look into the legality first. like others said. Be careful as there are cabins a ways up there.

Rifle, Bow, Air rifle, Pistol what are you shooting?
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.

man im glad I don't live in the big city jeeeeezuz I cant imagine not being able to be in the bush in 10 mins from my house

The burnaby range is an option but some days i actually want to go out and shoot in the woods with just maybe a couple of others in a more natural setting. And I got a long bow and recurve.

Just put a blunt or judo point on your arrows and go for a stump shooting hike in the hills! Best fun a guy can have out of hunting season!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."