Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

Re: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

pretty easy idea here, GR can pick and choose who they want to support / advertise with, and I get to choose where I spend my money. Pretty simple.

Honestly though, I would guess that its safe to assume that residents make up 95% of the business GR does? I know what I would do If I were them.

Edit: If this issue really bothers you let them know. I'm sure if they got a couple hundred emails they might change their mind..
    Last edited by sammy-j-peppers; 03-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
    I think its more about the companys that pay to advertise with them not the comanys that sell to them. Anyone can buy fuel from gas station X and tires from tire store Y. But when companys give money to support the GOABC website then I feel they are choosing to support them over us
    Exactly. It's about active support. It's not about where a GOABC member decides to gas up or has lunch.

If store ABC donates rifles and shotguns for BCWF fundraising auctions, they are actively supporting resident hunters. If store XYZ advertises with GOABC and offers incentives to GOABC members, they are actively supporting GOABC.

As I said before, I don't hate them for this, and they are not our enemy because of this, but I know where my dollars are going to go....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

So let me see, to follow that useless concept... I won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, shop at Save On etc. Won't bank at Royal Bank. Get real.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Quote Originally Posted by David Heitsman View Post
    So let me see, to follow that useless concept... I won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, shop at Save On etc. Won't bank at Royal Bank. Get real.
    if Air Canada, XYZ gas stations, Save On etc, have a GOABC sign in their advertising, then yes I won't won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, or shop at Save On etc.

just like if the liberal party want to support GOABC and put their needs ahead of the needs of the resident hunters that built this province and pay taxes to this province I won't vote for the liberal party.

hope you can follow that useless concept.
    Last edited by bigdogeh; 03-03-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Dont you have a guided hunt to be on?
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Bet I've logged more then 40,000 miles the last 6 months alone on domestic airlines. Only fly Air Canada when I absolutely have to. Done two legs on AC, the rest were all with WJ.

Don't bank at Royal Bank either.

We all have choices on where to spend our money.

It's called social change. Social change drives reforms in policy, legislation and business practices.

Personally, I've always bought stuff at GR and will continue to.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

I have always felt it was poor business practice for outdoor stores to give discounts to outfitters just because they are outfitters or guides. It has the potential to alienate thousands of potential customers. Makes little sense to me
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

It seems to me that if GR is giving a discount to the GOABC or anyone else, that everyone else has to pay a bit more to make up the difference, because I highy doubt that GR is losing

Funny

GR emailed and said they were pulling sponsorship from the GOABC- but their FB says otherwise?
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Ditch them....