Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

Re: Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    That's right. GRO Dropped their sponsorship of GOABC. Send them a quick thank you email.
    I have heard this before and while support guides and their industry working with the resident hunters, GOABC as it stands now is not the industry they need. I have seen no published info regarding this and personally if it was my choice to stop supporting something I would be requesting my companies info from being posted on their page like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    They wrote a letter late last week distancing themselves from GOABC
    Dakoda62,
    Do you happen to have a link to that letter somewhere?
    I'd like to see that or I'll no longer be buying from GR.
    Thanks.

Its on here somewhere. went looking for it but could not find. It was posted a week to week and a half ago though.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Re: HBC where do you stand

Grouse river posted this on facebook.

We are keenly aware of the current tensions between resident hunters and the guide outfitting community over the Provincial Government’s handling of the wildlife allocation policy.

Grouse River believes that GOABC, BCWF and a multitude of other organizations are invaluable assets in the endorsement and promotion of the responsible, sustainable and ethical use of our natural wildlife resources. Without the dedication of each of these organizations and their efforts to promote the value of wildlife, hunting and conservation many of the opportunities and traditions that are a part of our national heritage will cease to exist.

At the heart of it all, we believe that the hunting community must work out its differences, stand together and provide a united voice to ensure that our outdoor and hunting opportunities are protected for generations to come – this is a joint responsibility and one that we must all be committed to take on, regardless of political persuasion, in order to protect the outdoor lifestyle that we love.

Grouse River will continue to support all organizations whose core beliefs in the value of wildlife, hunting and conservation mirror our own.

Manufacturers "support"guides and professional hunters ,not because they like them better than us average joes.It is a marketing tool they use, as they are more exposed and so advertise their products more.I do understand that.But if a local business that is supported by the local resident hunter ,does not support them ,then they can kiss my business goodby.

I understand that GRO is a business and are trying to maintain a safe "neutral" position.

They must also understand and live with the fact that, as a consumer, I have choices as well. And while I have no real animosity toward them, I will definitely support business that openly and concretely supports me, as a resident hunter.

Simply put, that means I will shop at Nechako Outdoors/Source for Sports here in PG and in Vanderhoof, whenever possible.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I understand that GRO is a business and are trying to maintain a safe "neutral" position.

They must also understand and live with the fact that, as a consumer, I have choices as well. And while I have no real animosity toward them, I will definitely support business that openly and concretely supports me, as a resident hunter.

Simply put, that means I will shop at Nechako Outdoors/Source for Sports here in PG and in Vanderhoof, whenever possible.
    That's how I feel, too. I don't hate any store for conducting business in the way they feel works best for them, but I will go out of the way to support businesses that actively support resident hunters.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    That's how I feel, too. I don't hate any store for conducting business in the way they feel works best for them, but I will go out of the way to support businesses that actively support resident hunters.
    Ditto... Now only if Mark had an online site to order more from nudge nudge wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by primmed99 View Post
    Was checking out the competitions website tonight to try and see if there was any new propaganda. First thing to pop up was the Grouse River Outfitters banners……I guess they get more business from out of country sales then they do from us locals, too bad I liked that store I know who won't get another penny from me again!
    The mom and pop stores can afford to pick and choose with whom they do business - the bigger companies tend to wade through the emotional stuff and get on with it!

If everyone going to boycott companies that do business with GOABC great - now where shall we start?

What trucks do they drive? What gas do they use? What tires do they run? what oil do use? What alcohol do they consume? What serial do they eat? What paper do they wipe their arses with? What....

Seems like an emotional decision and not a practicle one to me - futile, at the very least!
    Last edited by Ranger95; 03-03-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger95 View Post
    The mom and pop stores can afford to pick and choose with whom they do business - the bigger companies tend to wade through the emotional stuff and get on with it!

If everyone going to boycott companies that do business with GOABC great - now where shall we start?

What trucks do they drive? What gas do they use? What tires do they run? what oil do use? What alcohol do they consume? What serial do they eat? What paper do they wipe their arses with? What....

Seems like an emotional decision and not a practice one to me - futile, at the very least!

I think its more about the companys that pay to advertise with them not the comanys that sell to them. Anyone can buy fuel from gas station X and tires from tire store Y. But when companys give money to support the GOABC website then I feel they are choosing to support them over us