Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mainland Butcher info tread.

Re: Mainland Butcher info tread.

I did find one butcher in McBride that does cut game meat. Robson Valley Custom Meats.

They said they could process a moose in 4-5 hours.

Don't use Country Meadow Meats in Pitt Meadows. Very disappointed. We dropped off more about 400 lbs of moose and 100+ lbs of caribou - each species packed separately and clearly marked. When we took it in last week, the butcher even complimented us on how clean the meat was. We ordered roasts, steaks and burger. We got about 20 pounds of roasts from the caribou and about the same in burger - no steaks at all. What the hell happened to the rest of it? Likely mixed it with the moose. Overall, way more burger than we should've got back. Next time, I'll be looking for a mobile meat cutter so I can see where it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    Updates for Kamloops area, Sept 22 update:

Kam Lake View meats - Butchering year round, sausage/Jerky only after new years. 250-828-1015

Chop'n'Block - Butchering and fresh sausage, smoked products. 250-828-8616

Gary's European Deli - No game cutting but does superb sausage products. Does good Jerky too but is the "thick, meaty" European style. If you like thin & dry, this is not the place for your jerky. 250-376-0832

Benny the Butcher

Sedos (Salmon Arm)

Tappen Meats

Darlington Meats

Thompson Rivers University retail meat store - Not sure about butchering, but do fresh & smoked sausage as well as jerky. 250-371-5991

Savona Custom Meats - Can't hang meat but does smoked products if you bring him game. Phone first please. 250-373-2442

Helmuts Sausage Kitchen (Vernon) - I think Sausage only - 250-260-3281

Ritter's House of Sausage (Vernon) - His 1st priority is his store front and he's a solo act, so he's hard to catch at a time when he'll take meat and he does mainly pepperoni. Having said that, if you've ever tried his "double smoked/double dry" pepp, nothing else will ever compare. Like jerky and pepperoni all in one stick! Good luck not eating the whole bag! 250-545-9691

Cheers!
    Don't have updates for the rest, but Chop N Block now does smoked products and they're phenomenal. Dry style pepperoni is killer, Jerky is the best I've tasted in years, European wieners (ours were moose) are very good. They are fairly strict about what you take there. No bones and must frozen and be properly bagged. The products I've tasted from there are totally worth the trouble. Unfortunately, I think they dropped their butchering services, and Kamloops was already lacking.
    Last edited by Looking_4_Jerky; 10-05-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Anybody know if Carvers in Burnaby is still active ?

Gave him a shout , not cutting this year but looking to relocate hopefully still in the Burnaby area and back in business next year

Quote Originally Posted by cbetker View Post
    Robs game cutting in chilliwack bc
    awesome cheddar jalapeño sausage /pepperoni
    cooler, freezer and clean facility
    call before to make sure he has room, they are very busy
    604-997-4868
    Rob’s is why I learned to cut my own... great sausage though

Any recommendations for a place to take spring bear in Kelowna?
    I'm looking to have ham, sausage and pepperoni made. Mission meats won't take bear which is disappointing as they did a top notch job with last seasons deer.

Thanks
    ig: mmckimmi

Any places to hang moose near Bear Lake?

Any one know a decent place to get summer sausage and pepperoni. dawson or fsj area
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Have you had anything butchered there since. It use to be good. But very disappointed with the last job they did.