Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mainland Butcher info tread.

Re: Mainland Butcher info tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I hear cost's of up to $1/lb and in many cases minimums in the $100 range. Between the few buddies and my kids that we cut and wrap for, I've saved enough to buy lts more guns LOL

I don't begrudge the trades guys for making a living, I am one!! but I'm fussy and somewhat of a control freak!! I've the space and a cooler, it's not hard at all.

The good cutters we had in the LML that I did use in the day all quit/retired. What's left is lean and overworked, the quality can't be that good at the peak of the season!
    Im hoping to butcher my first animal this season... I feel like if im going to go to all the trouble and work of hunting and harvesting an animal, I want to do everything involved with it from start to finish. Curious on your set up? Do you rig up a large table etc? What gear do you need (apart from the obvious, like a knife)?

Quote Originally Posted by susi View Post
    Frank Moynahan, Calabria Meat Market, 5223 Victoria Drive Vancouver, 604-324-0118
    the butcher asked me to relay that he has space and also that he acquired some gorgeous pasture pork ...Large Black cross with Mule foot....and has lots of high quality pork fat for making sausages.

also, just so people know, we are here late and can open the door whenever you want to drop off your game. we live upstairs from the butcher shop so it is no problem.

cheers and happy hunting!!

Quote Originally Posted by susi View Post
    the butcher asked me to relay that he has space and also that he acquired some gorgeous pasture pork ...Large Black cross with Mule foot....and has lots of high quality pork fat for making sausages.

also, just so people know, we are here late and can open the door whenever you want to drop off your game. we live upstairs from the butcher shop so it is no problem.

cheers and happy hunting!!
    A game cutter in the heart of Vancouver, WOW, thanks Susi, I trust many will come running now!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Robs game cutting in chilliwack bc

Robs game cutting in chilliwack bc
    awesome cheddar jalapeņo sausage /pepperoni
    cooler, freezer and clean facility
    call before to make sure he has room, they are very busy
    604-997-4868

If anyone in the West Kelowna,Kelowna, Lake Country area looking for a meat cutter to process your game, I am offering mobile meat cutting services. pm me here for details.

Quote Originally Posted by arick101 View Post
    If anyone in the West Kelowna,Kelowna, Lake Country area looking for a meat cutter to process your game, I am offering mobile meat cutting services. pm me here for details.
    That is a great idea. I don't use butchers because once I drop off my animal I don't know what's done with it. If I'm in your area, I may just call you up...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    That is a great idea. I don't use butchers because once I drop off my animal I don't know what's done with it. If I'm in your area, I may just call you up...
    A lot of hunters feel that way. This way you can see where every ounce of meat goes

Does anyone know of a cutter around Valemount or McBride?

A fellow named Harold Hawkes used to cut in Valemount (near the auto wrecker), but I called and he is no longer doing it.

He mentioned a few names for McBride but didn't have contact info. Does anyone know these guys: Jim Chipka, or Mark Raw?

Thanks,
    Chris

I use this guy in Osoyoos - can recommend him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5262.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	6489