Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Mainland Butcher info tread.

Re: Mainland Butcher info tread.

Dropped off our 103 pound muley, all fat, fur, lower legs and waste trimmed off. Ordered roasts, steaks and ground. After 12 days of no call, no return of 3 calls from us, went to their location. Lady sheepishly said they ground up the entire deer, and brought out one box with 37 one pound packages in it. Thats 37 pounds of ground from a 103 pound deer, weighed on their scale, that was this morning. Ennis Farm Meats

Hey guys:

I'm super busy these days and thinking of getting my stuff butchered for me. I haven't seen anything on Benny the Butcher: https://bennythebutcher.ca/

Anyone recommend him?

I can give Hogg's a call too as if I get something I'll be headed back Vancouver way anywho.

Tks.

Hey. HOggs isn't doing spring butchering. I really want to meet that guy. I have spoken with him twice. He seems like quite the character! In a good way.

I have seen a few posts about some people who will butcher but a quick search couldn't find anything.

I'm super busy and would love to find someone to cut up my bear for me. I prefer anywhere Merritt to Vancouver. I'll be traveling that-a-way probably tomorrow.

I think there's someone highly recommended in Langley. That would be perfect. LML is preferred but I could hit Kamloops if I need to.

Cheers,

The only cutter I hear chatter about in the LML is Sumas.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Josh at Opening Day Game Cutting, located near Mt Lehman rd, does good work at a fair price.

He was responsive to phone calls and text messages, very prompt in getting my deer processed, and was available on a Sunday!
    Last edited by Livewire322; 06-07-2023 at 10:24 AM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Thanks guys. Sumas was on my radar. I hadn't heard of Opening Day. I took the hams off to make it easier to pick up (I'm solo) - and threw everything in the freezer. I'm just too busy to do this right now so I'll be making some calls after my next work call to see who can do it!

It's good to get this thread active again anyway.

Heard great things about Josh at opening day game cutting, will probably use him should I be successful in the next couple weeks. Also heard good things about Iron Butcher in Pitt meadows.

Dropping my bear off with Josh later today! I love it when the butcher says he can't take it tomorrow because he'll be off hunting.

Hello all!

Any recommendations for Cranbrook / surrounding area? TIA

Page Creek in Matsqui appears to have gone out of business.
    The phone number is way up north now.