Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: northern bc jet boat access

northern bc jet boat access

I know I know don't ask for honey holes and im not... I just cant find much info on which rivers up near fort nelson are good for jet boats. trying to take my father in law up there and was hoping for a few rivers to concentrate my plans on or where online I can do the research myself... thanks for your help...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: northern bc jet boat access

Muskwa, tuchodi, kechika, turnagain
    Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards, hunt hard!

have a look on a site called riverjet adventures, they are basically a taxi service that takes you way up the muskwa or tuchodi river for a DIY hunt for anything, moose caribou elk sheep you name it. they go up and drop you off for however many days you want then they'll come pick you and your meat up!

depends on what time of yr and what critters your after.

The Kechika and Turnagain only have the 10 day Elk season.
    The Muskwa and Tuchodi.pick your poison,both are great for all species.
    The Kechika your going to need to pack a lot of fuel

What type of boat you running ?

18 foot outboard jet... not a big boat...

then stick with the muskwa, there's plenty of elk and moose in the lower regions to play with. As your just not gojng to be able to pack enough fuel to get waaay up. that is unless ya want to make some fuel runs as plenty of people do.
    Life's like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today, might burn your arse tomorrow

really look at you GPH usage and gauge your distance . I know guys that have to pack two or thee times the amount of fuel then a smaller OB Jet or sport jet for the same run cause they have a huge v8 that is thirsty and they take everything but the kitchen sink.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

thanks guys... has any one got info for the toad river.. good hunting... Really want to go after some stone sheep if we can get up any of the rivers far enough. fit and willing to put 8-10 miles between us and the river if that's what it takes. or could I stop at the tochodi and base camp there and hike from the muskwa. pm me if you have anything you are not wanting to share to the masses.

hi guys..what.about the prophet river?..thx larry
    45-70 Marlin GG--shooting 420/550 grain hardcast!
    30-06 Rem 700 --shooting 180/240 grainers!

Quote Originally Posted by Otchunting View Post
    thanks guys... has any one got info for the toad river.. good hunting... Really want to go after some stone sheep if we can get up any of the rivers far enough. fit and willing to put 8-10 miles between us and the river if that's what it takes. or could I stop at the tochodi and base camp there and hike from the muskwa. pm me if you have anything you are not wanting to share to the masses.
    That is one hell of a hike from the Muskwa at mouth of Tuchodi! You would want to get up Tuchodi at least 45 minutes.