Thread: Nevada Hunt Raffle

Nevada Hunt Raffle

After I had filled out my 'guide assisted' applications for Nevada I was directed to Nevada's fund raising raffle.

http://nvdreamtag.org/

They call it their Dream Hunt contest and you can buy as many tickets as you want on California or Desert Bighorns, deer, elk and antelope. I can attest to the size of the deer in Nevada as I have frequently jumped shooter 4 points when I have been lion hunting around Ely. Nevada manages for quality.

Anyway, $20 plus or minus gets you a crack at a Desert Bighorn so if you need one for your Slam or like me are working on #2 this would be a great place to start.

David
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nevada Hunt Raffle

This sounds like a different system. What they are doing is probably a true lottery.

Our LEH system is not a true lottery.
    First we have a restricted number of "tickets" one can purchase.
    Second it's rigged to help new hunters get the draw.
    To me LEH does not make sense.

Just make the system a simple and pure lottery and have anyone buy any number of tickets they want.
    There are only a certain number of "prizes". Your number of animals to harvest.
    If people could by more tickets (chances) to win the draw they probably would.
    The conservation system would make more money from this kind of system as well.

And nobody would complain that the system is rigged because everyone understands how pure lottery works.
    It's all math.

In some states they have this.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 02-27-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Thanks for the reminder David, I've been meaning to grab a few of those. Arizona has a similar raffle that seems to get a few bucks from me every year as well. http://www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com/

The Arizona raffle has a data sheet where you can see what locale the tickets are being sold in. There are other Canadians buying them too.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Thanks for the reminder David, I've been meaning to grab a few of those. Arizona has a similar raffle that seems to get a few bucks from me every year as well. http://www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com/
    I suppose there has to be somewhere they will still let you hunt.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!