Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a calliper string release that you would recommend?

Re: Is there a calliper string release that you would recommend?

but im thinking about buying this one http://truball.com/fang_handles.html

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticRed View Post
    Fletch Hunter Shorty is my vote. Going strong for 12 years now. Always strap, especially for noobs, eliminates string torque. The open hooks like the silverhorn are nice units too. Make sure not to develop the 'slap' habit....get used to resting your finger on the trigger and squeezing like a rifle. Slapping the trigger leads to other bad habits like target panic!
    What he said. I also lean toward Winn C-10. Had tru ball and others that are long gone.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I forgot. Some releases work only for what they were intended. String release on string and D-loop releases on D-loops only. You will see some releases that are designated string release but will work equally well on a D-loop. This latter would be the preferred as you still can shoot should you blow a D-loop.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

You should look at the st 360 with rotating head it puts no twisting torque on the dloop at full draw. The release you show the link to is not a caliper style its a hook style. I prefer the hook style myself. Shortnsweet 2 is the one i use and love it. I seemed to get lazy after a while using a 4 finger release so i am a strap release user now strictly. Plus when its strapped to my wrist it cant get lost and when the temps get cold the 4 finger one got my fingers cold in a hurry as i wear thin gloves if any when i bow hunt
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 02-27-2015 at 09:38 AM.

I have a few but I keep going back to my TruFire Judge... It is the 360 buckle now. It is length adjustable, trigger weight adjustable, trigger angle adjustable and the head swivels 360 degrees independent from the trigger so it is very hard to torque the string. I like being able to move the trigger to whatever position I want. I gave my Scott little goose to my brother.

I have tried the hook types and really really don;t like them... i find that they twist and I've actually had one pre-release (come unhooked) during the draw cycle... I just don't feel secure shooting them... probably better for better archers. ha

The Caliber is silky smooth, is light, not terribly cold, and has never failed me, except when I forgot it at home. Carry two now.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

How many of you started right out the gate shooting bow with a release? And who started with fingers and tab?

So the differences between four finger releases and wrist straps I am sure is personal preference. Would one not be able to hold at draw for longer with a wrist strap? I would think that with the muscle tension required to hold the 4 finger release that shake would become an issue? Again I am very new to this. I have a D loop on my bow
    Last edited by Seeker; 02-27-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

I'm using a truglo nitrus release with great results so far, new to compound and only had it a few weeks now but seems to do the job pretty good...I went with the nylon strap version and it has a ratcheting wrist strap

http://www.truglo.com/archery-releas...2D974E98CDB0E9