Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

Re: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

ya nothing is . i just paid 525 plus tax for boots .! but we dont think of it like that . its the sport . we will pay it , and like it .!. lol .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Depends what type of hunting your doing with this pack. Im a gear horder and have a mr, kifaru and sg. For long backpack sheep or muledeer I prefer the stone glacier its comfortable and light. But really like the kifaru duplex with emr11 for elk hunting.

well i would like a good multi-day Big Game pack . So ya . Decisions Decisions ..

I went with the kuiu icon pro 1850 and ultra 6000 bag. The total bill was just over 700 cdn. I liked the configuration of the kuiu stuff. I wanted a pack for day trips (the 1850) and backpack hunts (the 6000). It takes two ministers to change bags. The load sling mode on the 1850 is bomber stable.

I've loaded it up around the house and the quality looks good. Morning walks with fifty pounds and it feels good. Very flexible.

It needs a hard hunt to field test but so far I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER View Post
    well i would like a good multi-day Big Game pack . So ya . Decisions Decisions ..
    Pretty tuff to beat the kifaru duplex with emr 11 or mystery ranch crewcab with a lift kit for just about anything.

well im in the market for something so any member have something they think i might be interested in . PM.thanks

My Kifaru timberline with duplex frame came in today, Have to say Im pretty impressed with it, 90% of my gear in it (Not food) and it still has a lot of room left. the waist belt is really comfortable. The side pockets don't have zippered tops they have a cinch strap, thought it would be an issue but place my dry bag in there and its all good. Wasn't cheap but I think it is worth the investment.

Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Looks like MR updated their website in the last day or two, and dropped some bags from the line up (6500/7500)...They did release a new 6700 cu in bag though, that looks pretty much exactly like the 6500, but 5lbs lighter.

Awfully tempted to try a SG or Kifaru though.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Looks like MR updated their website in the last day or two, and dropped some bags from the line up (6500/7500)...They did release a new 6700 cu in bag though, that looks pretty much exactly like the 6500, but 5lbs lighter.

Awfully tempted to try a SG or Kifaru though.
    The catch though with MR is you cant buy just a bag anymore....

They are only selling as full kits now...

I got a stone glacier sky 7400 this year and so far love it, I have only used it for day trips shed hunting but have thrown some decent weight in there and she packs like a dream no issues with the shoulder pads