Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

Re: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

I was lucky and had both a MR Nice 7500 and a kifaru Bikini Frame with a Duplex timberline 1 bag at my disposal before I made the big leap( I owned eberlestocks and Badlands before that) and the kifaru is hands down more comfortable and just as durable ( made from the same 500d cordura) as the MR. Better load lifters let you stand upright and a better waist belt take the load almost completely off your shoulders. Also their customer service is probably the best in the business, which it need to be because fitting them can be a little tricky and takes some time. Currently own a Duplex frame with a EMR II and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Man how is a guy suppose to pick one! lol...I liked the Kuiu 7200, but with all the extra added cost your right in the next level of packs.
    Im not a fan of the kuiu packs, I owned a ultra 6000 for a few weeks and sold it after finding the mis sewn shoulder straps, poor seam construction and a torn bag 3 days after owning it. I have a MR6500 and used it last year, love this pack, but its a bit heavy compared to the new stuff coming out these days. There is a lot of hype about a new pack MR is supposed to be releasing soon though. Being the gear whore that I am I had to try a SG, so last sept i ordered and solo and used it for a day pack and a couple weekend overnighters. Love this pack, so I ordered a sky archer 6200 which is going to be perfect for me. I thought the 5100 would be too small and the 7400 too big for me for a 10-12 day trip. Great customer service at SG too. I dont have any experience with kifaru though..yet. Here are some pics of the archer loaded full. The frame is so easily customizable that I think it could fit anyone. I find it more comfortable than my MR now that I have it dialed in.

Oh and here is one of a broken kuiu frame (their new fancy frame)

I have the sky 5100, I mostly use it in bivy mode which runs around 3500 cu in. It's easy to convert back to the full size, also bought a access bag so I have about 6000 cu in. If I need it plus load shelf. Pack is super comfortable and light. Bought this pack after doing lots of research and from the advice of SR80, who's tried lots of packs. You won't be disappointed with an SG

Wondering if the 7500 would be too much(if thats possible,lol). Just got off the phone with SG, liking what im hearing so far. That 6200 looks huge
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Wondering if the 7500 would be too much(if thats possible,lol). Just got off the phone with SG, liking what im hearing so far. That 6200 looks huge
    7400 is not too big, they compress really well and if you ever have an animal down the extra space is used up really quickly. I consider 7500 ish the minimum for an extended hunt and once you factor in the few extra dollars and ounces over the smaller packs it only makes sense. I've done hunts to with 4500-6000 ci packs and its a chore to get everything in and load slings make heavy pack out very uncomfortable IMO, it's more comfortable and easier to have everything in the main bag and not have everything strapped to the outside of the pack.

Well, think I made the decision to go with the Stone Glacier 7400 Sky pack. Spoke with them today, seem like a decent bunch of guys, Hoping i made the right choice with accessories its $1000, not cheap but after selling the dragonfly I'm needing a pack, lol. Like the weight of the pack, hopefully it doesn't compromise with heavier loads. Still liked the Icon Pro by Kuiu but don't even want to go that route after hearing the bad reviews and added $.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Yeah, its too bad with the dollar being so low right now. But...no duty. And if your lucky, no tax. I think you'll like it. Most do.

With the way the dollar has dropped, I'm gonna wait and buy used. I was putting a Kifaru order together and it already topped $1k and I still didn't get everything I wanted. I think the re-sale value on high end packs is starting to slowly drop. I've seen Kifaru's and SG's for under $500 lately.

WOW. 1000 bucks for the Stone Glacier 7400 and the extras ? excatly what all did you buy Rob if you dont mind me asking . the complete list and price please . i would love a 6200 . i think it would be sweet . i think it would be perfect for me .If anyone has one For Sale i would love to hear from you .
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 03-17-2015 at 12:22 AM.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Im looking at close to a grand for the sky archer and goodies... Ordering next month..