Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

Man how is a guy suppose to pick one! lol...I liked the Kuiu 7200, but with all the extra added cost your right in the next level of packs.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier

Plus kuiu packs dont get near as good reviews as the others... Myself, I am ordering the Stone Glacier Sky Archer after months of reading and research.. And talking to Kurt at Stone Glacier as well..
    Last edited by BCHoyt; 02-25-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Are you getting the Sky 7400?
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

There is also Exo Mountain Gear to put on the list! Not as large capacity ' but looks like a quality pack.

Eberlestock! That's my 2 cents....
    See the swing...hear the ding!

Don't bother with any of those... just get the barneys

I also would like to try either of those but have heard alot of good about the stone glaciers. I will never buy another eberlestock or badlands other than there smaller packs. I use an osprey xenith 105 now and a badlands 2800 for a day pack and have tried alot of others and ended up selling almost all of them. Im a pack whore.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

I bought the Sky 7400 last spring. I enjoy not packing a heavy old pack, but still can pack all the gear and mountain game I can. Just compare the weight diference. im sure glad i spent the money. The only way to go! I do still use the old Wilderness Wonderer for packing moose quarters though.
    crazy out

Day in day out = Mystery Ranch - you cant break 'em and best comfort and versatility. (I have three - the 6500 is prolly the most versatile, Metcalf is good too). If you are a packer and packing quarters day in day out = Barneys. Personally I have never packed more than 50-60lbs a few feet in a living room and up some stairs with a Barneys, but the two guys I know who work 'em, like them best for the heavy loads. From my limited hands-on/exposure to a Barneys I can understand this - its a workers pack. Don't bother with a good pack, get a great one! I have an old trapper nelson that will get you through...
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

I switched from MR to Kifaru for two reasons. MR's frame is short and the load lifters are useless when using the load hauler or smaller bags, specially when your a tall dude. MR would only ship me stuff with fedex and there shipping/brokerage fees are outrageous. The stone glaciers look bad ass and seems people have lots of good things to say about them.