Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Wild Turkey Federation

Re: Canadian Wild Turkey Federation

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    We ran into a big flock on west pavilion Rd near lilloett some years back,no idea if they rere transplanted or how they got there. They rushed over to the truck when we stopped to check them out.
    I have pics of turkeys in this area was shocked to see them as well

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    We ran into a big flock on west pavilion Rd near lilloett some years back,no idea if they rere transplanted or how they got there. They rushed over to the truck when we stopped to check them out.
    Most likely they were of the domesticated variety. Wild turkeys do not run up to trucks to check them out.

It seems that there are a few abandoned or escaped domesticated turkey sightings in region 3, all the pictures that have been shown to me for identification of these birds are of the domesticated variety.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    Most likely they were of the domesticated variety. Wild turkeys do not run up to trucks to check them out.

It seems that there are a few abandoned or escaped domesticated turkey sightings in region 3, all the pictures that have been shown to me for identification of these birds are of the domesticated variety.
    I had the same thing as Tuner described happen to me in Region 8. So yes, wild turkeys do run up to trucks.
    Last edited by OutWest; 02-26-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others lives long after you're gone.

T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWest View Post
    I had the same thing as Wild One described happen to me in Region 8. So yes, wild turkeys do run up to trucks.
    Hybrids, maybe?
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post

They never ran up to my truck

Would not be shocked if they were escaped domesticated turkey in region 3 but I have been close enough for pics of turkey in region 8-12 and 8-14 as well so I would not say they are too smart to get pics of.

Not a turkey expert only know if they are white they are 100% domestic

Invasive species.

The number one complaint animal in California for problem wildlife? Wild turkeys.

Ever seen what turkeys do to agriculture? Ever seen what turkey shit does to car paint?

Kill 'em and grill 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Ever seen what turkeys do to agriculture?
    In 2010 the NWTF did an extensive study on exactly that topic in the Kootnenays. The CWTF is interested in extending such and other studies in the future here in BC and other provinces across Canada.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Just as a side note here, do not assume that all non-white turkeys are wild. There are domesticated breeds such as the bronze and others which have colors varying from shades of reddish brown. Some farmers do free range their birds on their property and they would be pretty choked if they found out their birds had been shot.

if you think sharptail grouse are in trouble try hunting grouse on Vancouver island without a dog I have hunted for three years seen maybe a days bag limit in that time and only two blues that's not even funny

Just 45 days until opening morning.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc