Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Wild Turkey Federation

Canadian Wild Turkey Federation

Posted by permission of the forum owner.

Last year the U.S. based National Wild Turkey Federation pulled out of Canada. The void they left has now been filled by our very own Canadian Wild Turkey Federation (CWTF).

The mission statement of the CWTF is:

1. To promote the establishment, restoration, preservation and sustainable management of wild turkeys and their habitats in Canada.
    2. To develop programs and engage in projects to establish, restore, preserve and enhance wild turkey hunting practices, traditions and heritage.
    3. To promote responsible wild turkey hunting practices, traditions and heritage.
    4. To work with Governments, organizations and others to develop programs and engage in projects to protect and enhance wildlife habitat.
    5. To promote conservation, hunting, fishing, and other outdoor and wildlife oriented activities.
    6. To host, sponsor and promote educational, social, exhibition and other events for members and the public.

In the short time of its existence the CWTF has established numerous chapters across Canada and continues to grow. The CWTF is a not-for-profit organization.

If you're interested in the conservation of our wild turkey populations and a bright future for turkey hunters join the CWTF. For more information or to sign up as member visit the CWTF Website. Visit the CWTF Facebook site.

As a CWTF member you're also a member of the new CWTF British Columbia Chapter. For more information about the CWTF BC Chapter contact us at; cwtfbc@yahho.ca

"Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Canadian Wild Turkey Federation

Meanwhile them dam yankes took our money and did nothing for us once again Hmm sounds familiar Maybe RMEF!

I don't know what makes you say that. The National Wild Turkey Federation did a great job for Canadian turkey conservation. The reason they pulled out of Canada is because they felt that with arising conservation concerns in several Sates of the USA they should spend more time and effort there than here in Canada. As a Canadian I am proud that we now have our very own not-for-profit Wild Turkey Federation to protect and enhance Canadian wild turkey populations.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Just checked out the BC page and it mentions conservation concerns in numerous posts and messages. What are the conservation concerns in regards to Turkeys in BC.

To me the things are spreading like wildfire. From the basic LEH hunt in only the Creston area to a spring and fall season in the Kootenays and the Okanagan. These zones even have a any turkey season. I have even heard of people starting to see them in Region 3.

To me it sounds like there is little conservation concern for Turkeys in BC.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Wild turkeys were never native to B.C., they migrated north from enhanced turkeys from Idaho, Montana and possibly Washington state. These wild turkeys are mostly using habitat that native Sharptail, Ruffed and Blue grouse would use. A 20lb. turkey eat's a hell of lot more grass,clover,bug's or what ever else they can chase down compared to a 1&1/2lb grouse. I'm just very concerned about are wild grouse populations in regions 4&3 a lot more than turkey conservation in area's they were never native to. Just have a look at the numbers of grouse compared to the evasive turkey. Which one is increasing and which one is declining, see Sharptail Grouse.

I might of meant regions 4&8 not region 4&3.

I don't really know how I feel about this. Not so sure we need to be doing anything to assist invasive species. On another note, I talked to a friend of my neighbour when said he attended one of the CWTF meetings and was appalled at the number of F-bombs and racist comments he heard in the room. Definitely didn't sound family friendly.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

I don't really know how I feel about this. Not so sure we need to be doing anything to assist invasive species. On another note, I talked to a friend of my neighbour when said he attended one of the CWTF meetings and was appalled at the number of F-bombs and racist comments he heard in the room. Definitely didn't sound family friendly.

I heard that too.

Dont want to give up my source though.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

On another note, I talked to a friend of my neighbour when said he attended one of the CWTF meetings and was appalled at the number of F-bombs and racist comments he heard in the room. Definitely didn't sound family friendly.
    I think you mix that up with a former NWTF chapter in the Kootenays. I heard unflattering things about them too, but they were not affiliated with the CWTF (Canadian Wild Turkey Federation) but with the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) and folded when the organization pulled out of Canada. The CWTF only just started in the last two weeks to reach out to western Canada and is now in the process of setting up a chapter in British Columbia.

We ran into a big flock on west pavilion Rd near lilloett some years back,no idea if they rere transplanted or how they got there. They rushed over to the truck when we stopped to check them out.