Thread: Brown Bear Highway Run

Brown Bear Highway Run

Not sure this has been posted before, it's from November, but here's a pretty amazing video showing the power and speed of these Brown bear beasts!

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/web-ex...e-run/29080680

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Brown Bear Highway Run

Nimble bugger.

Great (if very brief) video!

These truly are spectacular animals.

Hmm seen kne of these guys running throigh thick undergrowth..no slowdown in speed..all you could see is trees and shrubs moving as he made his escape looked like a scene from preditor..vouldnt see the animal just the results of his movement.
    Srupp

Bears,especially in the past were not given credit for their speed and agility.
    I've been behind a black bear at full tilt in my pickup and I could barely believe how fast he was going. Gravel spraying my windshield from him digging his claws at full speed then turning and blasting through a wall of roadside regen at full speed. I would have been hard pressed to make my way through with a machete.
    Also watched a bear leisurely walking on the railroad steel while looking all around from side to side without so much as a wobble. I would have had arms flailing all over to keep balance.
    If you've ever treed a number of bears generally they just go up and find a nice perch but at times they will do things that would put a monkey to shame.

Pretty awesome animals and generally underrated.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Try outrunning a Bear.Never gonna happen!

Cool stories Clint.

I too have seen Bears do some pretty remarkable stuff in the bush. I once saw a black bear climb about 20-25 ft in tree only to realize he liked the tree next to him better. So he simply reached over and with one arm grabbing the new tree, jumped the 2-3 foot gap.

Now everytime I see one of those tree stand videos with a bear climbing the tree right next to the hunter I always shutter after reading comments like "good thing he went up the wrong tree!"