Thread: Thank you Semiahmoo

Thank you Semiahmoo

I would like to thank the Semiahmoo Archers for a well organized shoot. The mini Grand Prix at the end was great. Watching husband and wife as the final two in the traditional round was fun. Must have made for an interesting ride home. We are looking forward the Indoor National in just over a month.

Jim
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thank you Semiahmoo

Hats off to Semiahmoo for a well organized and run event . The Wood Arrow challenge was tightly contested and Jeff Maron took home the Trophy. The Grand Prix provided great entertainment . Thru a series of elimination on the Trad side the two finalists to great fanfare were Husband and Wife , Jeff and Casandra Maron . Well the final shoot off was won by Casandra much to the approval of the spectators . (sorry Jeff) LOL . Don`t feel sorry for Jeff as he won his longbow class and the wood arrow challenge .
    The Clubs many volanteers headed by Stan ran a great event and are really appreciated .
    Looking forward to next year .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

It definitely was a very well put on shoot. Really well thought out course and even though it was relatively short distance, it was still quite challenging. I need more practice lol.

I too had a good time and also need more practice. LOL Now I just need to get tuned up with my re-curve so I can give Jeff and Cassandra a run for it . Good shooting everyone and again thanks to Semiahmoo.

It should be noticed , that a on Sunday a Traditional archer shot a score of 150 . I`ve witnessed a 148 at the Abby Indoor by local Mark Washstok and that was amazing . This fifteen tens (I assume) run by Fred Stregloft (sp) from Williams Lake is truly history . Fred S placed fifth at last years Worlds and we wish him well this year . It goes with out saying -well wishes to Brock Paton , Sarah , and Dan and Jessie Mobbs in their Worlds Trad Quest .
    Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 02-19-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    It should be noticed , that a on Sunday a Traditional archer shot a perfect score of 150 . I`ve witnessed a 148 at the Abby Indoor by local Mark Washstok and that was amazing . This fifteen tens run by Fred Stregloft (sp) from Williams Lake is truly history . Fred S placed fifth at last years Worlds and we wish him well this year . It goes with out saying -well wishes to Brock Paton , Sarah , and Dan and Jessie Mobbs in their Worlds Trad Quest .
    Cheers
    Not trying to downplay Greybark, but a perfect score at this shoot was 165 as they counted the 11.

Still thats a great achievement.
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

Good morning Red arch , you are right . Being old school before the 11 ring I`ve always considered the ten ring a perfect shot and the 11 ring a by-product of Compound archery . Still any Trady will point out his 11 LOL ...
    Cheers

Group Memberships.

BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Did Fred shoot this 150 with his longbow, or is he in the over 50 category or something? I didn't look at the scores for longbow, but his scores for recurve which won him that 1st place as well were both in the high 130's. Which category did he score this 150? Secondly, when can I learn to shoot from this BC great? Are you on here Fred?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......