Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hydro dipped stock

Re: hydro dipped stock

I'm sure it would. I was just trying to tip toe around the unpaid advertising thing as I dont think he's a site sponsor and these threads tend to get closed when it starts to look like advertising.

Nonetheless, I was happy with his work. I had been looking for someone to do this since Cobra imaging in Salmon Arm was a site sponsor. I was going to get them to do it but just as I was about to pull the trigger with them they were'nt taking anymore work on or something like that.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

I would like to do my 280 in optifade open country.
    pm sent

no surprise. coquitlam's inbox is now full and he cannot accept anymore messages till he clears out some space. haha
    --John Wayne

How does it hold up with wear and tear?

seems like it'll hold up pretty good. he did 3 coats of relly good satin clear over the colour. seems like it'll hold up as good as any other factory coating. Haven't tested it out yet though but time will tell.
    --John Wayne

Also interested , wonder if possible to do a predator reaper type , coyote and wolf heads

there was literally a ton of patterns to choose from. Just google hydro dipping camo patterns Or skull patterns. Pretty much any pattern you find online is doable. There was some pretty cool ones with deer skulls hidden amongst the hardwoods camo and stuff like that.
    --John Wayne

What stock did you have done? I was lead to believe that there was difficulty in doing anything with the stock Remington synthetic stocks due to the release agent or something used in their mold process. Hope I was mis-lead! Looks amazing!

Mine is a remington 700 338 with the factory synthetic stock.
    --John Wayne

So, because My wife's income tax bill ate up the savings that I had set aside for my new Zeiss scope. I'm left crying inside without my pretty new diamond to top off my pretty rifle. When times are tough, ya gotta improvise I guess. so I got creative and painted the scratched up old B&L Elite that was on the rifle. Took my time and disassembled what I could. spent a good hour or so masking very carefully and hit it with a thin coat of Krylon in olive green. Let it harden up for an hour then used a Varathane satin clear over top. Turned out pretty good I guess. Its gonna have to do till I can save up some dough for the Zeiss again.

--John Wayne