Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: guide allotment numbers public info??

guide allotment numbers public info??

I have often wondered if guide allotment numbers are available for us to see or if its a guarded secret that only outfitters have access to? the leh numbers are online for all the world to see so shouldn't the guide allotment numbers be available for the public to see as well?

my example is for my reg 3 spot I put in for moose every year, I have wondered how many permits the local outfitter gets and if he has to follow the same seasons as leh openings or does he have a longer season or what?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: guide allotment numbers public info??

There are some guys I know who are not putting in for moose in 3 because they haven't won for 20 years.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...n-2015-FAQ.pdf
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I guess with some simple math you can figure it pretty close from that , what about season lengths for the guides?

its still pretty vauge, if my area has the 85%/15% moose split and leh gets 14 oct bulls, 28 nov bulls and 20 nov cow/calf , does this mean the local guide gets 2.4 bulls oct, 4.9 bulls nov and 3.5 nov cow/calf?? do they round up or down?
    I guess my point is that there is not a source available to the public that im aware of with real numbers like this and a breakdown of their season length vs the leh seasons

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    There are some guys I know who are not putting in for moose in 3 because they haven't won for 20 years.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...n-2015-FAQ.pdf
    I put in for moose every year here in 8-09 and got drawn once 12 years ago. Back then there was something like 30 draws available for October where i hunt. Now there's like 1 or 2 draws available for the Oct hunt. Last October the local guide and outfitter stopped in at my camp to talk to my buddy. The outfitter was trying to help his daughter fill her 8-09, October LEH moose draw. Gee. What are the chances that the local guide and outfitters own daughter drew one of the LEH moose draws for 8-09? Anybody that has ever put in for a region 8-09 moose draw knows what the chances are of being drawn for that one lol.
    Last edited by bassplayer; 02-10-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    its still pretty vauge, if my area has the 85%/15% moose split and leh gets 14 oct bulls, 28 nov bulls and 20 nov cow/calf , does this mean the local guide gets 2.4 bulls oct, 4.9 bulls nov and 3.5 nov cow/calf?? do they round up or down?
    I guess my point is that there is not a source available to the public that im aware of with real numbers like this and a breakdown of their season length vs the leh seasons

Of course it doesn't go on the # of leh given out. If the success rate is say 50% then you can cut your estimate in half.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    I put in for moose every year here in 8-09 and got drawn once 12 years ago. Back then there was something like 30 draws available for October where i hunt. Now there's like 1 or 2 draws available for the Oct hunt. Last October the local guide and outfitter stopped in at my camp to talk to my buddy. The outfitter was trying to help his daughter fill her 8-09, October LEH moose draw. Gee. What are the chances that the local guide and outfitters own daughter drew one of the LEH moose draws for 8-09? Anybody that has ever put in for a region 8-09 moose draw knows what the chances are of being drawn for that one lol.
    I bet Christy had some strings pulled! I bet that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I bet Christy had some strings pulled! I bet that is it.
    Guide-outfitters giving friends and family moose tags is nothing new.

I'm sure you're well aware of that.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

what about season lengths for the guides?
    They have to follow the same regulations as anyone else in the province.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Guide-outfitters giving friends and family moose tags is nothing new.

I'm sure you're well aware of that.
    If you say so GG, your word is gospel.We will go with your version.