Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Okanagan goose, waterfowling??

Re: Okanagan goose, waterfowling??

It's been months since I posted here last. And I still haven't gotten a real answer from anyone. I made several phone calls again this morning and still haven't heard back from kelowna bylaw or the RCMP. Has anyone else found any info? City of Penticton says their city limits reach into the lake. Only 100M. I talked to bylaw this morning and they had no idea what I was talking about.....

Dude some of your posts are getting so Winny I would stay the hell away from kelowna for geese..there's to many yupsters and hipsters from vancouver and calgary that will call and call and call you in.that said
    focus you energy on farmland near water...eg north of vernon? Lake country out of city limits...highway 33 or south below pentiction.

Quote Originally Posted by cgizen View Post
    I was curious what the opportunities are for someone who is thinking of getting into goose hunting or waterfowling in or around the Kelowna area. I live in Lake Country and not sure of anywhere that would be a decent spot. I'm guessing a guy would have to head up to one of the higher lakes. Also would like to find somewhere to shoot over land, no boat or dog. Well not a dog any good for hunting. Lol
    i am just a beginner but have done pretty good on geese....if you want to come up to enderby grindrod you can come out with me .
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

HardnocKS that's a generous offer for original poster..that's a great water fowl area... I am interested myself there the sky was black last october

I see this is an old thread but I would like to comment anyway. The problem with waterfowl hunting in the Okanagan valley is that there is not a major flyway here. There is on the coast but the next major one is on the prairies. I used to hunt ducks in Ontario and being on the Great Lakes the waterfowl hunting was spectacular. We would limit out in one shoot. I would hunt in marshes and on farmers fields that had been harvested. There was always spilled grain or corn that the ducks would feed on for days. So it is pretty slim pickings in the Okanagan valley. I would love to do some duck
    hunting around here but I have no idea where to go.