Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I need to know about getting into Waterfowl Hunting

Re: What do I need to know about getting into Waterfowl Hunting

Hey guys I'm still getting mixed messages about what paper work required. I know the insurance should be a must. But really what is required in region 2?
    Common sense is dead,

Migratory bird stamp and permit and hunting license. Check the Fraser Valley special area map to see if you plan to hunt within it. You need a Fraser Valley special area license if you are within the prescribed area. You need proof of insurance to buy the license.

Quote Originally Posted by kuva View Post
    Hey guys I'm still getting mixed messages about what paper work required. I know the insurance should be a must. But really what is required in region 2?

You need 3 thing to have hunt the lower mainland area 2-4 and part of 2-8. Hunting license, migratory game bird permit, and fraser valley special are permit. You need proof of liability insurance which would be house insurance or BCWF insurance. Migratory permit is available at post offices and service BC offices as well as some sporting goods stores. Hub sports has them

Migratory bird permit is available online now.

Hey Trigger, you live in Kelowna. Save your money and leave the migratory birds in the OK valley alone. Anyhow, you're pretty limited in duck/goose hunting in the valley unless you hit the beaches.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

What about if you take a youth what do you need exactly for licenses???do you still need the stamp for them as well as your own and their own fraser valley permit? Or just a youth license and the rest under yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Hey Trigger, you live in Kelowna. Save your money and leave the migratory birds in the OK valley alone. Anyhow, you're pretty limited in duck/goose hunting in the valley unless you hit the beaches.
    This is crap ! their is pretty good goose hunting at least in the the north OK . nothing like saskatchabush but i am just starting this is my first year but my grandson and i limited out one day and got 5 another day last week . got skunked yesterday .
    just get into the corn fields . the hard part for me was getting enough decoys....and the calling...i can`t call worth sheite
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

Guess you don't get out too much......... While the Okanagan may not be able to compete with the major flyways, there seems to be more then enough water fowl around to get your limits most times out, same as all hunting, finding your quarry is a major part of it.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Hey ..so I wannna try out Goose and duck hunting ... got me a 12 gauge 30" full choke barrell ... load it with bb so far

Its a CIL 674 ... basically a rebranded Savage 67/mossy 500 from back in the day, aint pretty but sure fires nice ...
    I just did the E-licence in like 2 minutes for $17.85 tax in... a pain in the ass on check out ... but everything Government is a PITA (differant thread)

So thats all I need??? ... just the migratory bird permit along with my provincial hunting licence, I have no intention of hunting the FV or LML at the moment so I dont need that (yet, may change as I am spending most of November in that area)

Looking for someone to teach me .. take me under their wing sort-to-speak ...
    Looking at nechako/Bulkley valley area or PG area
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 10-06-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

That is all you need for up there. Be careful waterfowling can become addictive fast