Thread: Rookie question(s)

Rookie question(s)

Quick intro, brand new to hunting. Never really been, hunted in Georgia for a work thing, bore, deer, quail and turkeys and had a blast. Came home to BC and got my pal and hunting number. Trip was such a blast and got me hooked. I have yet to hunt in BC. Here goes my start of a fewer questions.
    Trail cams - I take it, it's pretty much place at your own risk!! But can you use bait to attract animals to the trail cam just to see what's near by? I have an apple tree and lots and lots of frozen apples so was thinking of doing a sauce to lure them close by.
    Part b to the above question.. Everybody says be scouting looking all year long but would there be any point in doing a trail cam this early before the season, especially if the antlers have shed... Does it make any sense cause?
    I bought a tree stand and was thinking of putting it up in an area on crown land. Fair to say it might get used by others and I am ok with that but do they get stolen? I know it can but is it like crab pots where you pretty much have to. Baby sit them or not as bad. That's all for now. Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rookie question(s)

Yes you can use an attractant at your trail cam be careful when hunting can't bait bears. Any time is trail cam time. Fun and let's you know what's around and species type yes trail cams get stolen unfortunately tree stands not do much, but you might find someone sitting in it. Have fun and welcome to the club.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

It is a bit late to get much value from a current licence, but when bear season opens a new licence will be required and it lasts until the same time in 2016.
    Racoons, coyotes, and bears will be open as the new licence season starts. Just remove any bear attractants a couple of weeks prior to hunting them. If you have DEER attractants out they can be left when you start bear hunting.

Just because some antlers may have started to shed, you can still identify the bucks from the does in most of your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    It is a bit late to get much value from a current licence, but when bear season opens a new licence will be required and it lasts until the same time in 2016.
    Racoons, coyotes, and bears will be open as the new licence season starts. Just remove any bear attractants a couple of weeks prior to hunting them. If you have DEER attractants out they can be left when you start bear hunting.

Its illegal to hunt bears over bait, no matter what it was used for.

Just because it says 'deer' on the bag, doesnt mean you can shoot a bear over it.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...