Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My NEW but not new new toy

My NEW but not new new toy

As per my previous thread, I put my Check-Mate Falcon Special up for trade on AT. The only bows I wanted to trade for were either a Pittsley Predator take down recurve in 45# to 55#, or a newer flagship compound from Bear... There was a fellow looking to trade his 2014 Bear Motive 6 for a recurve... So I offered the Falcon up. At first he said he was actually looking for an ILF rig so he was not interested... I said how about this, I have a couple of older Bear Black Bear risers that I was going to have dovetails milled into to make them ILF(WARF). I could throw one into the deal with the Falcon. He loved that idea. Information was exchanged, bows were packaged up and sent yesterday. I couldn't be happier! For one, I got a bow that I have been eyeing for a long time and I am giving him his first custom, one piece bow. He said at first the WARF Black Bear really made the deal for him, but now he is super excited about the Falcon.

I had to ship the 2 Black Bear risers down to a friend in San Jose to mill the limb pockets out. So I told the fellow I traded that I would send him the Falcon now and when I get the Black Bears back, I would ship his to him and he could ship his Motive then. He was having none of that and said it wouldn't be fair, said as soon as I shipped my bow, he would ship his and then I could just ship the Black Bear when I got it back.

I love dealing with decent honest people. We each get our new bow next Friday!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My NEW but not new new toy

So... My other new toy will be the Black Bear WARF. I have wanted to do this for a few years. I bolted Samick Sage limbs onto this riser a little over a year ago and it worked out great. Making it ILF opens up a massive world of limb options. A friend of mine on another Forum down in California was looking for a Samick Sage riser to experiment for his son, without thinking twice I packaged it up and sent it down to him. He asked how much shipping was and I told him not to worry. So to make a long story longer, he works in a machine shop and has time to do things like this, so when I mentioned I needed to 2 risers WARF'd he said, Send them!

These are the risers I sent

Here is the 70# 2014 Bear Motive 6 that is on it's way to me.

Nice bow! Sounds like a great deal for both of you.

I'm pretty pumped but my new bow is stuck in a snowstorm at the moment. I am hoping to get it in time to have it tuned for the cloverale indoor 3d.

Once this bow arrives I will pass my original Bear Truth on to my brother. He doesn't deserve it but I am gonna give it to him anyways lol.

The BlackBear risers are finished and are on their way back to me. I am pretty excited to see how they turned out.

The new owner of the Falcon Special recieved his bow today and can't say enough good things about it. He is loving it so far. My new bow arrived in Richmond ups facility at 7am this morning but is just sitting there

I'm grumpy... Departure scan was at 1:06am but says the bow will be delivered end of day on the 10th... UPS sucks! 45 min drive apparently takes 4 days.

When I was waiting for my bow to arrive I kept following the tracking info too. It almost drove me insane when it sat in customs for 7 days lol. Hope you get it soon!