Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todagin mountain sheep hunting

Re: Todagin mountain sheep hunting

I have hunted the area a lot and agree it has gotten much too busy. Later in the season the crowds really taper off and yes..."The Mine"...really detracts from the whole experience. Feel free to PM me for info if anyone wants.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    I have hunted the area a lot and agree it has gotten much too busy. Later in the season the crowds really taper off and yes..."The Mine"...really detracts from the whole experience. Feel free to PM me for info if anyone wants.
    hey Avalanche123 i tried to pm you but it said your inbox is full.. if you could pm me that would be awesome! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Going 4 It View Post
    It is a GONG show is an understatement...... not to be repeated if one enjoys mountain hunting to get away from the crazy world..... the mine going in a stones throw away has put the icing on the shit show!!

Mr. Disappointed.
    That's too bad. Back in the day, after the first 4 or 5 days, my partner and I were the only ones there.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I have gone there a few times but its a busy place.

I flew by Todagin yesterday. Although I used to hunt the area pre-Red Chris Mine, I had no idea how much the landscape had changed. The dust plume was very far reaching. I guess it's sheep hunting in an "industrial setting" now. I found it to be very unappealing.

I did get some good photos so if any aspiring sheep hunters would like high level oblique photos, feel free to pm me with your email address. I get my "sheep fix" in other ways these days but I don't mind helping others out. Todagain is still unique to bowhunters.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

And didn't the fresh air cops make the photographers life hell! Accused him of baiting the bear and killing the ram for shots!