Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elk in Manning??

Re: Elk in Manning??

Quote Originally Posted by brotherjames View Post
    I was bow hunting Sunday Summit this weekend and I saw at least 4 sets of new elk tracks in the snow we got Sunday and two nice rubs (6'+) I am planning to head back in Sept 1 next year.
    Lots of tracks at very end of Sunday Summit road following along the Mtn range travelling North/south

Late October my hunt partner saw a 6 pt bull tragically with his front leg swinging in the wind very broke....where you ask ? 22 km up sowaqua. Region 2. They are everywhere and anywhere. Poor guy.

I came through the park on Wednesday and saw a cow and calf cross the road and go into the highway yard just west of the lodge. First Elk I have seen in the park but seen lots between the mine and Eastgate.

guest Guest

I know of a nice 6x6, that had a broken front leg, spotted and confirmed by two very credible hunters, this fall, and ........ Just outside of Hope. Was reported to the local CO.

Couldn't some of these elk come from Washington state?..Aren't they Roosevelts?...Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Couldn't some of these elk come from Washington state?..Aren't they Roosevelts?...Dennis
    Can't confirm any of that, but I knew someone (passed away) who took an 8x9 years ago up there.
    He was adamant that some these elk did come up from Washington, and were Rosie's.....
    Again, I can't say if it is true.....but the elk was a hog, and he never had it put in the books, but I recall it was
    scored into the 400's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Can't confirm any of that, but I knew someone (passed away) who took an 8x9 years ago up there.
    He was adamant that some these elk did come up from Washington, and were Rosie's.....
    Again, I can't say if it is true.....but the elk was a hog, and he never had it put in the books, but I recall it was
    scored into the 400's.
    Would be cool to see some pics of that bull. There is a non typical gene kicking around whipsaw with many Bulls crowning like a Rosie

I have been hunting east of the park for 2 seasons now. Mostly deer sightings. Mules and one whitetail in a bachelor group with mule deer. I always carry an elk tag on the off chance I see one but you never know, elk have been sighted like someone said previous everywhere and anywhere over the years. Maybe I'll actually focus on an elk in sept next year. And of course will report any sightings

Quote Originally Posted by elktracker1975 View Post
    Would be cool to see some pics of that bull. There is a non typical gene kicking around whipsaw with many Bulls crowning like a Rosie
    Wish I had taken pictures of it!
    I remember when he built a new house to live in, the antlers had to go in to the house "before the window" went
    in!!!
    Anyways, he passed away, and I think his wife sold it to an Asian fellow for like 200.00
    She didn't know any better....
    and I never heard about her wanting to get rid of it until a year or so later.
    Insane how big it was,...but.....it was taken a longtime ago up there...long long time ago.