Thread: Abbotsford Indoor 3-D event Report

Abbotsford Indoor 3-D event Report

Well this years Abbotsford`s Indoor 3-D Event is now in the books . After all these years the Club manages to improve on very good past shoots . The icing on the cake for this weekend was the use of all Reinhart targets and a series of outer parimenter longer shots of the larger animals . Organization of set up and take down very well done .
    Registration and Line control involved many (too may to mention) volunteers and was very well done and appreciated .
    The Kitchen(Cafe~Porter) of Mom Sue Porter and Megan daughters Megan and MiChaella must be mentioned for their long hours providing food for the masses which was so appreciated .
    To-day I shot in the last squad of six and that was Number 117 so large attendance ..
    Lasty to Archery Chairman Mark Porter and Co-Chairman Steve Cotton and volunteers , thanks for staging a such a wonderful 3-D Event .
    Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 01-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Abbotsford Indoor 3-D event Report

Well said Sir. It was a wonderful shoot even if I didn't shoot that well. I always look forward to this shoot and it never fails to exceed my expectations. Met lots of new people and everyone was friendly. I didn't come close to winning anything but my 6 year old nephew came first in the 6 and under catagory.

Always make this shoot, love the event on the whole, and I have some lovely memories.

One is from the older Mackenzie days (pre-reinhart) and all the targets used to come with red plugs on the rebar insert. Well friday nights, some of the targets were brand new, as a result my friends and we ended up running around throwing them at each other in the stands.

Another one is when they used to have candy necklaces. Those were almost more fun then the shoot! Though I am pretty sure those who were adult's then would disagree, as my buddies and I were causing havoc with them, namely through stretching the necklace around the index fingers. From there we would grab a candy with our teeth, pull back and then bite the half, shooting the candy...usually at people.

Thanks to all who came out today.
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

I love setting up, breaking down and shooting this event. We wondered about whether we would be able to continue as or President and Vice-president stepped aside last year after 20 years. It is encouraging to see club new members step up as well as senior members take on greater roles for this shoot to continue. Thank you very much Steve, Mark and families. I have seen children from the 6 and under class grow to take on responsibilities with this shoot as they are now young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Red arch View Post
    Another one is when they used to have candy necklaces. Those were almost more fun then the shoot! Though I am pretty sure those who were adult's then would disagree, as my buddies and I were causing havoc with them, namely through stretching the necklace around the index fingers. From there we would grab a candy with our teeth, pull back and then bite the half, shooting the candy...usually at people.
    This quote is from one of todays line marshals, and why we only sold candy necklaces the one year!
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Well said Sir. It was a wonderful shoot even if I didn't shoot that well. I always look forward to this shoot and it never fails to exceed my expectations. Met lots of new people and everyone was friendly. I didn't come close to winning anything but my 6 year old nephew came first in the 6 and under catagory.
    Congrats to your nephew. We didn't make it out Sunday, but we did shoot Saturday. We all shot pretty good, including my 5 year old grandson who won the 6 and under that day. Sounds like our families have some good young shooters!

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

It was a great shoot and lots of new people out. Especially want to thank all the newer members who stepped up and helped. Big thanks to everyone that helped. Hope everyone can make it out for The Chad Davis Outdoor Shoot this year.

Although I didn't participate the Traditional Team Event seemed to go very well. It looked like everyone had fun and got me thinking I might like to try traditional as well as compound this year.

This years shoot was very well set up and ran smooth, thanks to the Sagittarius Archers for another excellent effort this year. It was very noticeable the amount of traditional archers and the young archers that turned out. This was great to see and a excellent venue for them.
    BC Shooter
    TBBC VP

The Winning Trad Team from Abbottsford Sagittarius Archers , L-R , Greybark , Swingspan , The Warden and Firstup .
    All new but already accomplished archers except one LOL.
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

congrats....to the winning team!
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.