Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Cull

Wolf Cull

BC government announces wolf cull to save MT Caribou. Interesting development, and people said you would never see this in BC ever again. Maybe if this goes somewhat smooth there is a chance more can be done to help other ungulate populations.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolf Cull

I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Just heard on the radio they are going to do some "heligunning". I wonder who gets that job?

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Just heard on the radio they are going to do some "heligunning". I wonder who gets that job?

They contacted us at wolftracker
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Hope it works. Hasn't in alberta so far..... Some think mortality is due more to bear predation on calves more than wolves. I wish the heli hunt was a draw for residents. Maybe auction one off to highest bidder as well to raise some green for conservation. Too bad it would generate too much negative PR cause it would be great fun.

In both areas proposed for wolf removal the biologists have been tracking caribou and determined wolves are a leading source of mortality. Bears werent noted as a big contributor in those herds. They can't tell what is getting calves specifically because you can't collar them. I'd guess that what kills cows is also what kills calves.

Its about time why did they wait so long ???
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

This shouldn't suprise you, you've been around long enough to realize that governments(municipal, provincial,federal ect) always wait till the bitter end to do anything right. I'm ecstatic they're going forward, hopefully they continue their efforts across the entire province and island.

Huevos,

Any cull efforts won't produce results overnight, just like ungulates don't bounce back overnight either. Give it time, you'll see results.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Any chance this wolf cull has any relation to the allocations?
    The government did say they are trying to do more to increase game?
    Possibly selling the wolf cull as a cariboo enhancer, but behind doors, an overall game enhancer?

Just random thoughts here?

Either way, about time.

Thanks ^^^^