Thread: wolf hunting tatics ?

wolf hunting tatics ?

New to wolf hunting trying this winter any helpful tips anyone can give i have a foxpro just downloaded all the wolf howls and some deer distress and domestic calf distress thinking these would be good to use ? , i coyote hunt lots so same senario ? iam hunting in caribou williams lake area mostly west

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wolf hunting tatics ?

Also heard cow moose call could work to

How about "pup in distress"??

Look for tracks from wolfs that's the first thing that you have to do no seance setting up in an area where there are no sign once find sign then find some unwanted game parts to set up in this area after a day or so head back to this area where you put the animal parts set up down wind of the wolf tracks 200 yards start calling wait and watch you might get lucky.

When you do get a wolf call back make sure you are well hidden they have a nose eye sight unbelievable I find that when ever you are out and about looking and hear a wolf calling set up there and start calling the chances of a call in is hi odds they will come into your call ,,good luck with the wolf hunting....
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-15-2015 at 06:13 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

adamgarbett is offline 🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

my uncle up in quesnel said he see's them all the time while ice fishing with his dog. they just sit on the tree lines and slowly make their way to the lake shore, of course he doesn't hunt so thats as far as that goes. that sort of thing would never happen to an armed fella lol
    i am moose jinxed