Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the future of hunting

the future of hunting

I'm 19 now and I want to know if I will get the same hunting opportunity on caribou, goats, thinhorn, and moose in 40 years in 6,7a and 7b.... I know its a hard question but I'm worried every thing will be closed for hunting, leh zones everywhere and goats, sheep, moose, and caribou will be leh only.... I know that region 5 is pretty much leh for goats but will the odds just increase over the years in all leh.....will the regulations kinda stay the same for sheep and goats.....what do you guys think about
    cheers.
    Another hunt another story

2. Site Sponsor

Re: the future of hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Grolar View Post
    I'm 19 now and I want to know if I will get the same hunting opportunity on caribou, goats, thinhorn, and moose in 40 years in 6,7a and 7b.... I know its a hard question but I'm worried every thing will be closed for hunting, leh zones everywhere and goats, sheep, moose, and caribou will be leh only.... I know that region 5 is pretty much leh for goats but will the odds just increase over the years in all leh.....will the regulations kinda stay the same for sheep and goats.....what do you guys think about
    cheers.
    Right now the future of hunting is in your generations hands. You all need to step up and join the fight for the heritage that is being stolen from you and sold down the river to rich foreign trophy hunters. You need to be vigilant and protect the heritage of hunting we have tried to preserve for you. If you will not be denied then your future as hunters looks bright.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

This might be far out there! But ! Should we not be trying to partner with First Nations as we have plenty in common?
    If "we" can some how work together and create better habitat & more game would this not work in All hunters best interests! We know we have to work together, if we want to see our younger generations to come experience what we have now. Just throwing this out there more education can only help!

It will be what you make it.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    This might be far out there! But ! Should we not be trying to partner with First Nations as we have plenty in common?
    If "we" can some how work together and create better habitat & more game would this not work in All hunters best interests! We know we have to work together, if we want to see our younger generations to come experience what we have now. Just throwing this out there more education can only help!
    ya this is a great idea. its too bad only one of the two groups is working with conservation in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    bad idea, it will not work out in our favor at any time

There will be no room for individual user groups.
    Either, we are all lumped sum into one group, with wildlife being the main concern and main objective, and we all work around the same numbers etc.
    Or
    One group will have it all in the end, and sadly wildlife will be at the throat of that group.
    Where do you think resident hunters will fall if we stay the way we are.
    The largest group, with the loudest voice....and the deepest pockets win, almost always.
    I agree in theory to FN traditions, but not how it has been distributed out by the government, and left unattended in a way.
    The world is too small to have so many different groups and theories etc.
    There has to be a one only policy, that is sustainable and is fair.
    But, reality is, life isn't fair....but you can always try.

whats you guys thoughts on FN Hunters and big outfitters shooting up all our game for us......I heard that Saskatchewan shut down their guides and no nonresident are allowed to hunt there
    Another hunt another story

In 40 years the BCWF alone will have recruited so many members that everything will be LEH or private. Expect the Fns to be selling resident animals to resident hunters in the future.
    I have no fear... angels follow me wherever I go.
    Big & Rich

ALL WILDLIFE, will be owned by FN, in 20yrs or less.
    Then it will a shoot first, count the numbers after all the game is shot to shit.
    The gov dont care bout wild game and fish.