Thread: Coyotes...maybe wolves??

Coyotes...maybe wolves??

So after an unsuccessful deer season with my youngest son, he is pumped about us going out for some predator hunting this weekend.
    Being in the Fraser Valley (sadly), heading up the Coq (Brookmere area??), at times the Connector, is about as close of an area as we can get to for a quick trip.

Anyone have thoughts/comments on that area for them? We saw a number of 'yotes when we scouted last summer..

Know there's lots of snow out there but definitely interested in having a look....

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Coyotes...maybe wolves??

i was thinking of heading up there this spring for bear, but some say there is a lot of private property there(don't know how true that is) and also a lot of snowshoers and back country types. good luck brother

Thanks!
    We will be up there for spring bear this year too, and have to say that while there is some private property in the area, I've looked into it and it's not as bad as some places.
    Will definitely keep those that are interested updated!

I am interested to hear back from you, I learned of that area coming back from deer hunting from Kamloops and pulled over on exit 256 to sleep cause I was super tired (with a buck in the back nuck nuck nuck), when I came home I google mapped it and thought "hey I gotta go back there and check it out". There is a thread I found on this site from a couple years ago and that's where I got my info about most of it being private and lots of back country types but also people say there is a little bit of whitetail there with mulies and black bear and also some moose. SO QUICK EVERYONE JUMP INTO YOUR TRUCKS AND LETS ALL SWARM BROOKMERE JUST LIKE GREENSTONE MOUNTAIN lol

Get a rabbit in distress call. It can lure in a coyote, wolf, cougar, lynx or bobcat. Just be ready.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Try the area around Lytton. Much more open and a quick drive. Use a rabbit/hare/pup in distress (if you have an e caller) and load your boy up with a .12 gauge and some 00 buck. Or you. Buy a bobcat tag and a cougar tag. Cam up and if you have a stainless barrel, tape it. Snow on the ground will be ideal especially if it's new snow as most food sources will be under the snow. Once they come in, "back of the hand kissy noise" will offer a more quiet sound. If you have a dog, bring it and keep it on a leash. They love that. Having said that, all of this is just advice and not a formula. Waidmanns Heil.

Quote Originally Posted by CurryNV View Post
    Try the area around Lytton. Much more open and a quick drive. Use a rabbit/hare/pup in distress (if you have an e caller) and load your boy up with a .12 gauge and some 00 buck. Or you. Buy a bobcat tag and a cougar tag. Cam up and if you have a stainless barrel, tape it. Snow on the ground will be ideal especially if it's new snow as most food sources will be under the snow. Once they come in, "back of the hand kissy noise" will offer a more quiet sound. If you have a dog, bring it and keep it on a leash. They love that. Having said that, all of this is just advice and not a formula. Waidmanns Heil.
    lol what did you just say? whats "back of the hand kissy noise"

Olympia, order the predator calls from Blacktail.
    I replaced my plastic Primos calls with his handmade wood calls. Much nicer.
    Price was good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by olympia View Post
    lol what did you just say? whats "back of the hand kissy noise"

I knew this was gonna bone me. Back of your hand and pucker your lips. I do it when they animals won't come into the call anymore.

It's good time to go and hunt yotes along lake and pond shore lines. I like to call early when the yotes are doing there rounds around the frozen lake
    shore lines. Some times they will come right across, offer great opportunties for shooting. goodluck.