Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non res Sask Hunter

Re: Non res Sask Hunter

Each province is quite unique both in their hunting regulations and the opportunities for residents and non- residents and the species that available to hunt. I would love to visit my son in Sask and go hunting with him. I have been reading the Sask hunting regs. Maybe I am missing something but it appears they have nothing like the Hunter Host program that we have here in BC except for White tails. I would love to go on an elk hunt there with him but I don't think I could even buy a tag as a non-resident of that province.
    Semper in excretum altum

Thanks for all the feed back gang.

Coyotes - help yourselves, first rule should be you have to spend 3 days here shooting coyotes then you get your Whitetail tag! Hahaha! Ya right eh! We have Coyotes killing healthy deer. Literally watched it last year. No gun on me. Felt like a fool.

To answer the question about hunting here. Ya, only whitetail to my knowledge. You have a better chance of getting a tag if you have a relative living here. Its right on the website when your applying.

Lots of great info from all of you and it is all well thought out and said. Lets hope we can get our numbers back here and maybe get you guys back out here hunting and keeping our beer stock low, fuel stations empty and grocery store owners smiling. I WILL hunt BC one day, just takes time.
    Hunting in Sask is easy compared to BC, correct me where I go wrong here. Here, yes you may freeze a finger or a ear. But getting lost is nearly impossible. Getting mauled is basically non existent. Exactly the opposite where you guys are. I would need help regardless coming to your guys world. I don't know sweet d#%k all about bear safety. And how do you get around even??? Its sure not comparing apples to apples that's for sure!
    I'm not on here lots so bare with me if I'm a little slow on any response.

It will be a whole new experience for you, once you come. I took a couple of my flat-lander friends turkey hunting and they were sucking wind pretty hard on the hills. They were clenching pretty tight on a couple of the roads as well. It's fun and funny to us, but I've had some friends bail and go back while driving up some mountain roads. It's a whole different ball game and that's what is so much fun and why those who can should try cross-provincial hunting.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"