Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slingshot as side arm?

Re: Slingshot as side arm?

I made myself a Sheppards sling last fall to pack for grouse because it'e literally just two pieces of cord and some leather and packs up real small and will hurl a much larger rock than a slingshot.
    Unfortunately I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_S View Post
    I made myself a Sheppards sling last fall to pack for grouse because it'e literally just two pieces of cord and some leather and packs up real small and will hurl a much larger rock than a slingshot.
    Unfortunately I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it

Try hitting the broad side from inside the barn.....

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I’ve killed literally hundreds of grouse over the years with an old Barnett Diablo and steel bearings. Inside 25 yards it is nothing to punch one completely through a grouse. Zero difference between using a slingshot and instinctively shooting a bow. With a little practice and some hand eye coordination anyone can do it.

Small and heavy ammo like ball bearings or lead buckshot works best over marbles or rocks.

Actually just ordered a pocket shot slingshot for my boy for his birthday next week. Rated at 300 fps.
    yeah, the buckshot or round balls sound like a great idea. Body shots with a marble you sometimes end up chasing em around in the thick stuff

When I was a kid, we sometimes would find old railway spikes along the railway track and would grind the head off and file on a second point. In the right hands and in the right situation, these could be deadly against small game.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Chiappa little badger worked better than a slingshot for me. I have taken a grouse with a frisbee golf driver once though. Grouse were plentiful that year.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.