Thread: Slingshot as side arm?

Threaded View

Re: Slingshot as side arm?

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    In order for something to be an offense, it must be specifically defined as one within the Law, via legislation. The Synopsis is NOT the Law, it is a guideline to help resource users understand the regulations and laws from the perspective of the Ministry and BC COS. Where in the two differ, the legislation prevails. It is legislation that counts, not the synopsis.

I have read the Wildlife Act, I suggest yourself and all other BC Hunters do likewise. Sling Shots are not prohibited in the legislation, nor are many other methods that are likewise legal.

As for efficacy? Some sling shots are truly fierce. In practiced hands and within their effective range, the sling shot is not a crippler but is a stone cold killer of small species. Make a quality shot with one and it's time to get ready for dinner!
    EDIT: I'm wrong, keep reading! I'm no lawyer, and not pretending to be, but this seems pretty well spelled out to me. The legal hunting methods are prescribed in the regulations (and a layman's version given to us in the synopsis) as allowed under the Wildlife Act.

Section 108 of the Wildlife Act.

Regulations by Lieutenant Governor in Council

108 1) The Lieutenant Governor
    in Council may make regulations referred to in section 41 of the Interpretation Act.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the
    Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(snip)

(s) prohibiting or regulating methods and
    devices for hunting, trapping, capturing or taking wildlife and respecting
    safety in those activities;
    Last edited by landphil; 01-11-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    Pretend hunter.