Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vancouver: Wildlife Allocation Meeting, Thurs, Jan 22nd, Italian Cultural Centre

Re: Vancouver: Wildlife Allocation Meeting, Thurs, Jan 22nd, Italian Cultural Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Was anything mentioned about Kelowna???
    Yes. Everyone was encouraged to check out the BCWF site for info.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Re: Vancouver: Wildlife Allocation Meeting, Thurs, Jan 22nd, Italian Cultural Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Yes. Everyone was encouraged to check out the BCWF site for info.
    Info is at www.oceola.ca.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

I too was at the meeting. Informative to be sure. I was mildly surprised that Mr Dix did not go on an anti Liberal speech, but instead chose to frame the issue as to how it affects all BC residents, hunters or not. He promised that the issue will be brought up again and again in the Legislature. He reminded us about the importance of the personal letters to MLAs. He said the personal letter, no matter how short it may be carries more weight than anything else.

He also suggested that a simple phone call to your MLAs office, even if you only speak to an assistant is very important. Ask simple questions but demand a call back. Do it more than once. It all adds up.

thank you all that tended the Vancouver meeting last night. thanks also goes out to the Italian Canadian club for sponsoring this event. there were 177 in attendance. I was happy to see Adrian dix in attendance and him speaking on our behalf rather then making it political .we had half of the bcwf provincial body there and al martin gave a great presentation, followed by a question period with a lot of younger guys asking pertanent questions. I hope our message gets throw about keeping up the pressure as this is being recognized as a problem by not just the media but by government...good work....dale
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

Right on Dale we need a renewed letter writing campaign to show how serious we are about this. If you have taken a bit of a break from the Eamil/letters, now is the time to renew the "assault" with a vengeance. We have their attention and so now is the time to "sock it to the" We can and WILL win this if everyone keeps up the pressure and also spreads the word.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.