Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Shockey's area?

Jim Shockey's area?

May have an opportunity to hunt Shockey's area in the Yukon for moose are caribou or whatever else. He always say's "see you on the mountain" I wonder what he's going to say when he see's us? We too can fly in argo's if we buck up for the sky van. No Guff!
    Any thoughts?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Jim Shockey's area?

Sounds fun.

Probably been lots of moose shot there in the last few years.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

1899 Guest

Has Jim weighed in on the allocation stuff yet?

I love watching his Yukon shows because of the incredible scenery... I'm truly jealous and would love to do a hunt up there! No guff it would be far out man!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonz View Post
    May have an opportunity to hunt Shockey's area in the Yukon for moose are caribou or whatever else. He always say's "see you on the mountain" I wonder what he's going to say when he see's us? We too can fly in argo's if we buck up for the sky van. No Guff!
    Any thoughts?
    with the size of his area im sure you will never see him. have fun and good luck.

1899 Guest

Something to think about:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post

I feel your pain. Here in the Yukon, the government recently allowed an area that has been residents only for the last 12 years to be put back into outfitting use. The new outfitter promptly hammered the area for Sheep (North Curl outfitters) and this will impact resident opportunities in this area. The outfitter is currently under no quota for Sheep in his area. In fact, currently here in the Yukon no outfitter is under any quota for Sheep, and guys like Jim Shockey take very Moose they can, which has affected Moose populations in areas accessible to residents. Another situation we have faced here is outfitters working with air services to keep resident hunters out of "their" areas. I have talked to hunters who were flatly refused by air services to fly them in to lakes the outfitter had camps on.
    Yet I bring these sorts of things up with other residents, and no one seems to get to worked up about it. Voting as a block, you think that we hunters could show e politicians who they are supposed to be working for.

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    Something to think about:
    Interestingly, Outdoor Quest hunted with North Curl Outfitters and part I just aired this week. Part 2 is on next week.
    Not your typical looking sheep country. Looks pretty easy to get around in.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    with the size of his area im sure you will never see him. have fun and good luck.
    Might end up getting noticed as some of the strip where the shorts can fly into are right by his main camps. I think there probably is better areas to hunt but it would be good to show up and let him see some Canadian hunters. Hell I'll even bring some squincher and my primos shooting sticks! The airplane ride should be easily negotiated as the guy with the sky van in in business for business! Next stop swan lake!

Some good genetics for moose there. If you want a big one do some research and go to a place he hasnt hunted for a couple years. he probably still has cabins at Misty, Arrowhead, Einerson, West, Penape, M+M, Pleasant and Little Kalzas just to name a few. Heres a Booner from M+M lakes circa @1997

good luck
    I have no fear... angels follow me wherever I go.
    Big & Rich