Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cowichan Bay Estuary - Hunters

Re: Cowichan Bay Estuary - Hunters

we'll do the islands south of westcan....boats already in the truck.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Tanya. You may want to talk to the fellow from the regional district to see if he can help you out with this. Our club does a cleanup in the Ladner Marsh every year and the Corp of Delta foots the bill for the garbage bin. We supply the labour and they supply the bin and get rid of the garbage. It's a good collaboration between our club and the Corp of Delta. Maybe you can get them to help you out if you can supply the labour. It helps to build a good working relationship and helps our image as hunters. Don't be afraid to post a couple of signs to let the walkers know who's out there doing the dirty work. We have had some fantastic feedback from people that have seen us out there. When people find out that we are hunters they are pleasantly surprised. Good luck
    Mark
    President (and other things) Delta Ladner Rod & Gun Club
    Vice President - BC Wildlife Federation Lower Mainland Region
    Member Delta Waterfowl
    Delta Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee Member

I should be able to come out for the 24th. Phil, I will be coming from Victoria way if I am available.

I'm hoping to make it down for a shoot this Saturday (the 17th) if anyone is interested in getting together.

Shane

I will come up on the 24th. I also hope to get over to Widgeon for one more hunt next week and will take a couple bags to collect crap. Lots of the floatsom there actually comes in on the tides though not stuff from slob hunters.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I'm sure lots of stuff, including wads, washes up on the shorelines. And yes we will be picking up after other slob hunters. Even though I haven't hunted there myself this year
    I'm hoping we can keep the bay as one of the few public duck hunting areas still open on the south Island. I will be there on the 24th at the WestCan gate parking lot.
    Tanya wants to invite anyone who participates to come back to our farm for lunch afterwards. Please let us know if you are interested so we have an idea on numbers.
    Feras consumere nati

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunjohn View Post
    I'm sure lots of stuff, including wads, washes up on the shorelines. And yes we will be picking up after other slob hunters. Even though I haven't hunted there myself this year
    I'm hoping we can keep the bay as one of the few public duck hunting areas still open on the south Island. I will be there on the 24th at the WestCan gate parking lot.
    Tanya wants to invite anyone who participates to come back to our farm for lunch afterwards. Please let us know if you are interested so we have an idea on numbers.
    I'll be there for the cleanup, but won't be able to make it for the lunch

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I might even come down and help and harass a few folks! pick a date...
    I'm with him, I'll harass and run the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Is the clean up still on for tomorrow?

Can someone pm me a map showing where we should meet and what time?

Thanks,

See you tomorrow. I'll come by for a sandwich after too.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

Apparently the entire area is now closed to hunting, as per Tanya's other post. Given that I won't be coming up.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I thought I read that only a part of it was closed. The part falling within North Cowichan district. But what the heck do I know, I can't even find the parking lot.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!