Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowichan Bay Estuary - Hunters

Cowichan Bay Estuary - Hunters

Attention waterfowlers that use the Cowichan estuary! We need to buck up and tidy up. I was contacted today by a director for the Cowichan Valley Regional District in regard to hunting debris strewn about Cowichan Bay estuary.

The director went walking down there recently and took the attached photo. The director is not an anti hunter, however as some of you may be aware there are pressures to close the area due to noise and this sort of thing. The director very politely asked if I could spread the word to other hunters to take out what they take in. It would be in our best interest as hunters to pass the word to clean up your shells, AND wads, and any other stuff you take in. Simply take out what you take in ( and hopefully with a few birds ). I realize it simply isn't possible to find all the wads, but the more out the better.

Perhaps a post season, well advertised clean-up is in order.

Tanya

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cowichan Bay Estuary - Hunters

I agree. Will be heading out to Widgeon Island this weekend I think and will once again take an extra garbage bag... Is that photo along the Dyke?

Thanks Tanya!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I'll be happy to participate.

Count me in

Here's the deal! These arseholes have been getting away with this for years.
    They can and need to be charged!
    Some signage on the Ministry's estuary notices alluding to this offence might help?
    If not lets get some littering charges against them!
    I don't go down there enough anymore to see this stuff going on!
    Franchi Kid and I will help with the after season clean up.
    It would be nice to get some pics of all our efforts to show some of us sportsmen still care!
    Thanks for the heads up Tanya.
    Cheers---Field Marshal and Franchi Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Some signage on the Ministry's estuary notices alluding to this offence might help?
    If not lets get some littering charges against them!
    I don't go down there enough anymore to see this stuff going on!
    Franchi Kid and I will help with the after season clean up.
    It would be nice to get some pics of all our efforts to show some of us sportsmen still care!
    Thanks for the heads up Tanya.
    Cheers---Field Marshal and Franchi Kid.
    X2 lets get on them if you see these Ahole Pigs leaving their crap when they leave get after them! Easier said then done! Im with you Field Marshal this crap pisses me off too! It gives all of us a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    I just started waterfowling a year back and love to hunt the Cow Bay area as its only 5 minutes from home. So I definetly don't want to see it gone.

Last year I reported the to CO the vandilism /removal of the signs posted around the bay indicating the hunting areas. Not hunters doing this but it's obvious there are many that want to put an end to hunting Cow Bay. I have also witnessed "hunters" shooting in what I would consider unacceptable and illegal fashion. Shooting off the backside of widgeon island where its clearly not permitted to do so and like last weekend, shooting before legal light. I was at Widgeon Island last Sunday and whoever was hunting on the other side of the estuatry near the Blackie farm Dyke was shooting Way too early. And when I left, I picked up about 20 empty hulls from a temp blind that was set up in some large wood structure that has at some point drifted onto the island.
    I'd hate to see this area lost for hunting. And as you say Tony, these types need to be policed.

I'll do my part to pack out some extra garbage the next time I'm there. Hate to see crap like this.

OKay crew, so let us come up with a date post duck season that we can do a clean up. Season ends the 23rd I believe.

Let's keep in mind those that watch NFL - Feb 1 is Superbowl

I am happy to make an after work party meal for those involved...we are 10 minutes from "The Bay". I will need #s

Saturday 24, 25, 31 ??

Sunday the 25th best fits my schedule. But I'm sure I can make any of those days.