Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: your favorite sheep pack

Re: your favorite sheep pack

^^ i 2nd that
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Currently using a Paradox evolution which is an ultralight external frame pack.So far i really like it. This is the first pack i have not had to cinch the waist belt too tight to prevent slippage.The externall frame has a very unigue feel to it really hugs the body and the frame articulates a lot with lighter weight then stiffens as the load increases unlike the other external frame packs which remain stiff like a board.Waterproof bags which are inter changeable.Worth looking at for sure.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I run the add-on empty until I have to pack extra stuff out. Then it gives that extra room when needed. This pack has 3 straps that compress everything so it is not an issue when not in use. It works great at spike camp to hold all extra gear not used on day hikes.

Im a MR6500 fan too, great pack. Super comfortable and bullet proof. However, I tried a stone glacier solo this yr for day hunts, and a couple weekend trips and its awesome. I placed my order for the new Sky Archer 6200 and sold the MR.

Well I have both a wilderness wanderer , and a j 104 hanging in the basement . I use the j104 as a day pack only . I would be hard pressed to use it on an extended pack trip . I have done a few trips with the WW . I have packed out a grizz with it , and helped with a goat that 's the two heaviest loads . I don't get out enough to up grade my packs . But if I was going to I would look at the Barney's with the largest bag they make . After seeing how the WW has broken or seams / zippers have come apart loaded . Miles from anywhere is not where anyone needs a pack to break . I also have never heard of a barney's breaking .
    just my two cents take it for what it is worth .

calvin L

For 14day sheep and ultralight the stone glacier is the lightest. Hard to judge toughness on one trip but no complaints with my terminus yet. If you don't mind the extra weight the Barney's is extremely tough from what I've been told...

Barney's. Might not be as light as some, but super tough

Barneys!! Very Comfortable.

tatonka !!!