Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your favorite sheep pack

Re: your favorite sheep pack

my votes for MR as well. Tried the WW once....never again. had a bul, pac, no good for big hunts, used the badlands 4500 on one sheep hunt, comfy but to small
    Life's like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today, might burn your arse tomorrow

Barney.
    FOr all you WW lovers, PM me if you are looking for a backup pack.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Barney as well, once you have one you won't be looking to upgrade every year !

Look up outdoorsman backpacks. Got one last year works awesome. I was in Vegas 2 years ago at the sportsman show tried on 6 different packs and this was by far the most comfortable. Really neat system 10 clips and the main bag comes off. Great for ferrying out loads. Has it's own strap system for meat. I got the 4800 with the 2000 ci add on. I should have got the 6000 with the same add on. This pack has a 200 lb capacity.

Sold off my mystery ranch 6500 for a Stone Glacier. So far so good, fits a little different but feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by combine pilot View Post
    ..I got the 4800 with the 2000 ci add on...
    Question for all...

I'm running a J107... now they have the spike duffle add on. Buddy has it, and I can't say I like it at all. You gotta have your pack fully extended whether it's in your meat carrier or zipped on. Only thing I like about it is it does add extra space. But I find I carry extra whore's shit that I don't need with that extra space.

Question is... anyone find add ons that are similar beneficial? I can see modular bags for sure... but anything like the spike duffle on the ebrelestock... thumbs down

Another Kifaru guy here (DT1) Iv never hauled any other top end pack, but haven't needed to try since buying a Kifaru. They have the long hunter (6300ci) and the highcamp bags (7000ci) on a good sale right now to. I use the duplex frame, can't say enough good about it. Either one of them sizes would be fit for a 10-12 day hunt.

Barney's pack
    Wild Sheep Society of BC 1Campfire

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Question for all...

I'm running a J107... now they have the spike duffle add on. Buddy has it, and I can't say I like it at all. You gotta have your pack fully extended whether it's in your meat carrier or zipped on. Only thing I like about it is it does add extra space. But I find I carry extra whore's shit that I don't need with that extra space.

Question is... anyone find add ons that are similar beneficial? I can see modular bags for sure... but anything like the spike duffle on the ebrelestock... thumbs down
    I run a J107 as well. The super spike duffel is something I use all the time. If I am heading out on a backpack trip I attach it but don't use it at first. My gear goes in the main pack and the duffel gets compressed in with the pack after its loaded. When I set up camp its used to hold all the gear I don't take with me daily. If I am "coming out heavy" my meat goes in the main compartment and my lighter camp gear goes in the duffel. It all gets compressed in after loaded. When heading out truck camping all my clothes go my duffel. I use it a lot. For other useful pack add ons all I really add is some small compartments on the outside for cameras and such.

Although I enjoy my eberlestock I just ordered a new kuiu icon pro 5200. My backpack trips are usually short 2-5 day trips. This new 5200 looks like it may be a pack I can enjoy. As a side note, I use my pack as a daypack as well so I don't run anything too large. I would rather take a deer apart and put it in my pack than drag it 500 yards.