Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new goose

new goose

hey i got some full body goose decoy (only 4) for christmas. was thinking i might as well put them to use. i realize thats not nearly enough decoys to start with but im looking into getting some more. maybe a half dozen shells and some socks. i dont want to go too crazy beofre i at least try it.
    im wondering how many i should start with to give me a chance at convincing some geese to come in
    im also hoping that someone here can let me pick there brain on the hows and the donts to goose hunting.
    if you dont mind me asking you a million questions let me know, i could sure use the help, ive never bird hunted and dont know where to start besides a few articles ive read here and there.

thanks, chris.

woops, can someone move this thread to the proper section
    Last edited by chrismcd; 12-29-2014 at 10:12 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new goose

Hey bud I'm new to never been ive been wanting to try some duck hunting out before the season ends if you want another newb to come with you let me know this may sound gay but we can learn together lol

It sounds very gay coming from a guy named 'ramin' tony. Very funny....
    Last edited by Whonnock Boy; 12-30-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

haha I didnt think about my username when I chose it lol

I've shot cheeks over robo's with no dekes, and I've also had birds land 200m away when we've had 9 doz. So there is no ultimate answer, there are too many variables, from fields to sheets to water, to driveable roads to muddy gross fields.

Start with what you can afford, and go from there. Eventually one day you and you`re hunting partner will look at all your stuff and go Holy Fack we have alot of dekes!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

" Eventually one day you and you`re hunting partner will look at all your stuff and go Holy Fack we have alot of dekes!"
    As my wife tells me every time she ventures into "my" part of the barn "Apparently you can never have to many decoys" When exactly do you think a guy will be able to say that Kiel?
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    " Eventually one day you and you`re hunting partner will look at all your stuff and go Holy Fack we have alot of dekes!"
    As my wife tells me every time she ventures into "my" part of the barn "Apparently you can never have to many decoys" When exactly do you think a guy will be able to say that Kiel?
    800yds into a muddy potato field in the pouring rain and 100mph winds

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    800yds into a muddy potato field in the pouring rain and 100mph winds

I guess I will just have to wait for the revolation to strike me. lol
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I guess I will just have to wait for the revolation to strike me. lol
    lol, subsides quickly like with women and child birth "I'm never having another" 4 months later ah they're soo cute

im hoping ill one day be in that situation. is there a certain type of decoy thats better than others? are full bodys better than shells? are shells better than socks? will socks work?