Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my new toys and review

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Re: my new toys and review

A couple of small strips of mole skin on the limb ends where the string lays and a couple of wool balls for string silencers will be make a big difference for any noise and you shouldn't notice any real speed difference.

RC

I dont like sticking anything to the limbs. I will actually be doing this to all my recurves, it makes them ninja quiet with nothing sticky on the limbs.

Any of you gentleman arrow animals with these bows.All I remember was getting wacked in the forearm and not enjoying it although I would love to get into it.My hunting partner is trying to convince me to purchase a compound.Pros & Cons anyone? Cheers Mark

This is how you make a recurve ninja quiet....

Heres how you do it... Yo go visit mom and steal the coolest looking ball of yarn you can find. (I chose a black/grey/brown multi colour) Then you remove one end of your string and split it with equal amount of threads on both sides, put an end of the yarn through... Then wrap up the string to the end loop... Tie off to the end loop with a couple half hitches and wrap back down the string. Spit the string again and weave the yarn through and tie it off tight. Repeat at the other end.

To add yarn puffs, wrap a dozen or so times around 2 fingers with the yarn, squish it flat so you can put it in the string, Split the string and put the bundle in, repeat at the other end. String the bow. Then carefully cut all the loops. Then you should have a ninja quite bow... Like this

Or two

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Well that looks familiar! lol

RC

Haha you know my secrets... I tried this a couple years ago on my first recurve and it worked awesome. I tried to make these bows quiet without it first. I got them kinda quiet but this should fix em up good.

Both these bows are shooting great. i will have both at the Abby 3D this weekend... And maybe a few others.

I put the Falcon up for trade on AT... Was looking for a specific recurve, a Pittsley Predator takedown in 50# but I ended up trading the Falcon and one of my Bear Blackbear risers for a 2014 Bear Motive 6. Shipped today. Should get here in a week, just in time to tune it up for the Cloverdale/Semiahmoo indoor shoot.