Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Re: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Doesn't look like any of those deer are on the side of the road with a bow on them for all to see that drive by........

Seems to me, if you don't get what people are saying by now you never will, and a good guess would say your most definitely the non majority if you think making a Christmas ornament out of a dead Coyote is okay.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Those deer are hung for a legitimate reason. All the six year olds I know grasp that and don't have the emotional connection to a deer like they do to a dog. If you get a kick out of the yote pictures good on you. I think they show bad judgement and red-neck mentality.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

It's a dead pest hanging. No different to me than a Sticky fly trap.

If a coyote was really ugly, most of you wouldn't care either. You only care because they are pretty cool looking, intelligent and elusive.

That's in Montana, American are a little different than Canadians and aren't as bubble wrapped.

When you're in the US and you're buying a hunting item at, lets say Walmart. At the counter they look at the item and then always ask you if you hunt. When you say "yes", they get excited and talk about their last hunting trip, or about their dad that just got something. They are proud of hunting down there.

In Canada, they don't even ask you if you hunt, they just look at you like a serial killer and think you should stick to fishing......fly fishing at that.......

And 6 year old seeing that.....my kids started helping butcher at 3 or 4, as did our ancestors.......

Difference is the deer weren't hung to try to shock people.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    It's a dead pest hanging. No different to me than a Sticky fly trap.

If a coyote was really ugly, most of you wouldn't care either. You only care because they are pretty cool looking, intelligent and elusive.

That's in Montana, American are a little different than Canadians and aren't as bubble wrapped.

When you're in the US and you're buying a hunting item at, lets say Walmart. At the counter they look at the item and then always ask you if you hunt. When you say "yes", they get excited and talk about their last hunting trip, or about their dad that just got something. They are proud of hunting down there.

In Canada, they don't even ask you if you hunt, they just look at you like a serial killer and think you should stick to fishing......fly fishing at that.......

And 6 year old seeing that.....my kids started helping butcher at 3 or 4, as did our ancestors.......

Exactly.......

The big problem with hiding our kills out of sight is that it suddenly seems abnormal when some non hunter sees a kill.

If folks would see hunting kills displayed often as a matter of course - either in pride of a successful hunt, or to inform a landowner of progress of ridding a particular pest, it becomes a normal part of the landscape.

Heck, Hollywood keeps ramming all kinds of deviant behavior down our throats by constantly keeping it in front of us on tv, movies ,video games, etc.

The same can work to keep useful constructive activities, like hunting, in view daily until it become a normal healthy part of life.

I always laugh at the local hunter who hides his kill, because it's the politically correct thing to do - what a crock of shit! - All they are doing is bowing down to the antis and the David Suzukis of this world.......

Last edited by Ranger95; 01-01-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    To me it shows a lack of respect for the coyote. Sad.
    its a dead coyote respect it why.
    what good has it dun us as gun owners and hunters to hide what we do.
    be proud of what you do ...hang your coyote from a tree, tie moose horns on the brush guard of your truck.
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .