Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Re: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Just done for shock value. Childish shit.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Just done for shock value. Childish shit.

What he said.

Not big on the display.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

To me it shows a lack of respect for the coyote. Sad.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Not for my taste.
    See the swing...hear the ding!

No problem with shooting coyotes…stupid move on the display…the hunting community does not need this kind of publicity.

When we kill coyotes on ranches in Utah we have left the carcasses near the gates for the rancher to see but I think the bow is a bit much and shouldn't be visible to a major road.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

[QUOTE=jtred;1582278]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger95 View Post
    Ha ha ha ......!

If I'd known this would function as idiot repellent, I'd have hung these by the dozens around the places we have shot them..........

Clearly old boy, you have never hunted coyotes on private land (maybe you don't care about grouse, fawns or deer where you live - like we do eh?) -- You see, when we shoot then - we usually leave them hanging on a post or on a gate to let the farmer know that we have been on his land cleaning up the vermin! Most of the farms we hunt on the farmers have the "local trap liner" pick up the carcasses for the pelts.

As a teen my friends and I took care of a lot of coyotes on the farms around ours. So yes I did quite a lot of predator hunting on private land and grew up on a farm. We sold the coyotes to a local native lady who trapped. Never heard of or ever seen this done. Mind you this was thirty years ago and times do change. I still find hanging a coyote from a tree in plain sight to be distasteful and not good advertising for us as hunters. The antis have enough ammunition we don't need to provide them with gruesome photographic opportunities. If we are going to be able to hunt in the future we will have to fight for this privilege(some would call this a right but if it were a right none of us would be so worried) and we need to keep the general public on our side, if we appear to be callous barbaric killers it does nothing to help our cause. By all means practise predator control, it is necessary, but more importantly think about how our actions reflect on all hunters. The court of public approval/acceptance is where this battle will be won or lost not sound science.
    Have you never been up the Kettle Valley from Westbridge. There is(or at least was in the 1970s) a bend in the road they called "Hanging Dog Curve". There was always a dead coyote in verious stages of decomposition hanging from a post there.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

[QUOTE=FirePower;1583250]
    Quote Originally Posted by jtred View Post

Have you never been up the Kettle Valley from Westbridge. There is(or at least was in the 1970s) a bend in the road they called "Hanging Dog Curve". There was always a dead coyote in verious stages of decomposition hanging from a post there.

I'm not sure if I've ever been there, my wife and I did drive tour through that area 18 years ago but I don't recall any specific curves. I grew up in N Alberta not in S. BC so maybe traditions don't transfer. Anyhow I still find the picture of a coyote decorated with a bow hanging in plain sight to be distasteful and not good for the image of hunters in general. This is just my opinion remember and far be it for me to tell others how to act, however things like this do reflect on all hunters, and I am a hunter.

Soo a yote hanging in a tree is distasteful enough to make even a brave hearted hunters stomach turn - disrespectful to the animal, and dare I say - "childish" - but these are ok - heartily encouraged by some and ogled by all the others.......

Hmmmmmmmm - makes you wonder how a six year old would view that - just how do you explain bambi been blown to hell - eeeeesh!

kinda f*cked up - if the truth be told - eh?
    Last edited by Ranger95; 12-31-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country