Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Montana Christmas Ornament Has Treehuggers in Tears

Hunting is a passion of mine I love being in the bush and experiencing all that the wilderness has to offer. I learned from my father and he learned from his father and grandfather, one of the first things after safety was respect for wildlife. Hanging a coyote in a tree as a Christmas decoration or for any other reason than skinning it is disturbing and definitely does nothing but harm for the public image of hunters. Why would anyone do that? As a joke? Weird and very disturbing.

that's disgusting and disrespectful.
    and people then wonder why others group together and get against hunting.
    there's absolutely no need to be flaunting a dead animal.
    it's one thing to put a mount on your wall, but hanging a body in a tree to display is sick.
    but, there's lots on here who will think it is awesome and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    that's disgusting and disrespectful.
    and people then wonder why others group together and get against hunting.
    there's absolutely no need to be flaunting a dead animal.
    it's one thing to put a mount on your wall, but hanging a body in a tree to display is sick.
    but, there's lots on here who will think it is awesome and funny.
    Ha ha ha ......!

If I'd known this would function as idiot repellent, I'd have hung these by the dozens around the places we have shot them..........

Clearly old boy, you have never hunted coyotes on private land (maybe you don't care about grouse, fawns or deer where you live - like we do eh?) -- You see, when we shoot then - we usually leave them hanging on a post or on a gate to let the farmer know that we have been on his land cleaning up the vermin! Most of the farms we hunt on the farmers have the "local trap liner" pick up the carcasses for the pelts.

Here's one we left for a farmer (whacked behind the ear with a 223) - next time we will add a big red bow!

Last edited by Ranger95; 12-28-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

[QUOTE=Ranger95;1581885]Ha ha ha ......!

If I'd known this would function as idiot repellent, I'd have hung these by the dozens around the places we have shot them..........

Clearly old boy, you have never hunted coyotes on private land (maybe you don't care about grouse, fawns or deer where you live - like we do eh?) -- You see, when we shoot then - we usually leave them hanging on a post or on a gate to let the farmer know that we have been on his land cleaning up the vermin! Most of the farms we hunt on the farmers have the "local trap liner" pick up the carcasses for the pelts.

As a teen my friends and I took care of a lot of coyotes on the farms around ours. So yes I did quite a lot of predator hunting on private land and grew up on a farm. We sold the coyotes to a local native lady who trapped. Never heard of or ever seen this done. Mind you this was thirty years ago and times do change. I still find hanging a coyote from a tree in plain sight to be distasteful and not good advertising for us as hunters. The antis have enough ammunition we don't need to provide them with gruesome photographic opportunities. If we are going to be able to hunt in the future we will have to fight for this privilege(some would call this a right but if it were a right none of us would be so worried) and we need to keep the general public on our side, if we appear to be callous barbaric killers it does nothing to help our cause. By all means practise predator control, it is necessary, but more importantly think about how our actions reflect on all hunters. The court of public approval/acceptance is where this battle will be won or lost not sound science.

too funny! way to go on this guy for proudly displaying his kill

I think the only issue here, at least for the woman in the newspaper article, was the displaying of this coyote beside the "2nd busiest" road in the county. That and the fact she "loves" nature.
    I wonder if it was not so prominently displayed, would she still have the same issues ?
    As for me, I would not do something like this because I am always concerned about hunters "image" and the way we are perceived.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Yup, a bit over the top. That kind of stuff sure doesnt help maintain or build a positive image of hunters... not great fuel for any of our causes. thanks for posting...
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Ah cut the BS man, pretty sure there is somewhere "behind" the house you could have hung it where the farmer can still see it when he comes home.

Just another poor example of bad decision making before thinking about the bigger picture of things.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Hmmm not cool..imo..wreckless display...hmmm try explaining that to a 6 year old..sheesh
    Srupp