Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BC RESIDENTS that are GOABC GUIDES

Re: BC RESIDENTS that are GOABC GUIDES

Quote Originally Posted by 444 marlin View Post
    The difference I see here is the product they sell belongs to the BC public
    Yes it does, but the nonresidents pay dearly for the opportunity to hunt here. They in fact are buying each animal from the BC public.

No. They're buying it from the GO who picks them up at the airport, takes their money and delivers them back to the airport in most cases.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    Yes it does, but the nonresidents pay dearly for the opportunity to hunt here. They in fact are buying each animal from the BC public.

That at comment will fly right over most peoples heads on here.......

Merry Christmas hillbilly.....
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

They in fact are buying each animal from the BC public.
    The problem is, we don't want to sell, so in fact its being stolen from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

All I can say, a waist of my time reading this, rolling eyes. I can't wait till guiding season!!! Best frikin job iv ever had! Good money and great tips, there's only been one or two hunts that the guiding cheque hasn't matched my millwright cheque, or close to it (mind you I only work as much as I have to) non the less, iv never gone hungry after a guiding season, and not to mention I get to meet some pretty unbelievable people. And the beauty country I get to explore!!, on someone else's dollar, and get paid for it!! can't beat that for a job can you?

X a bunch, not all guides are ass hats!

It is interesting, I am looking at resident vs nonresident statistics in all of the comparable states. Without a doubt residents here have the greatest hunting opportunities in the world hands down. It is not even close.

How many of you have killed a wolf in the last 10 years, maybe if you got off your couch and went wolf hunting and wrote letters to your MLA's about controlling the over harvest of cows and wasted meat by the first nations there would be no LEH for moose anywhere in the province.

guest Guest

Not a SINGLE one of you can say this decision is BEST FOR BC RESIDENTS OR OUR FUTURE, give your heads a shake, your a spit in the can compared to The owner and boss your kissin butt for. Yes I to got to see incredible areas I could never afford.
    Once I realized it was nothing butt SUCKING UP TO BY YOUR BOSS AND OWNERS TOO BY THE PURCHASER OF SAID TRIP and had enough of being used, realized what it was doing ..... NOTHING MORE THEN A COMMERCIAL INDUSTRY....... NOT THE BEST THING FOR OUR future, for our kids for our grand kids, NOTHING BUT A BIG SELL OFF.
    I GREW UP , GREW SOME BALLS AND SAID Enough !

Your only lookong kong after yourselves for now, not the future , and NONE of you admit it.

Greedy sons of - itches
    WAKE UP THE SELL OFF OF YOUR BIG GAME AND OPPORTUNITY HAS ARRIVED.

a merry christmas to as to you all

Wages reflect experience/performance CT, maybe you didn't make good money but I have friends and myself including who can do very well each season. pissin' in the wind on this one.

Buddy guides for an outfitter out of the caribou/chilcoot $150 a day, he is guide, cook and baby sitter all in one. The only way he makes any money is the tip from rich clients. News is now the outfit is for sale as he has more quota and can sell for a profit.

More correct would be they are buying it from the outfitter, with a small fee going to BC. The majority of the purchase price of a hunt does not go to BC, obviously.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!