Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the future of hunting

Re: the future of hunting

I would see regulation issues more then game shortage in the future

Don't stress just stand up for what you think is right

Grolar and others in the same age category.

Your future hunting lies in your hands.
    You will have to join into the fray to preserve the opportunity and I would suggest that you do it now. It will take a united front by the resident hunters of BC to endure.

The resident hunter has no friends other than resident hunters. You cannot rely on First Nations or the guiding interests because they want to take your opportunities away and then sell them back to you. They have to be resisted.

Guides and First Nations are in cahoots. An example of this is moose in Region 5 before the recent decline.

The moose were grossly mismanaged after the introduction of LEH in Region 7. When Region 7 went to LEH, those that frequented Region 7 turned to Region 5 and the liberal 2 week open GOS for moose. The moose population were decimated by the mid '90s necessitating a curtailment of the GOS for conservation measures. By the mid 2000's the moose population rebounded so that the government introduced an immature bull season. This was short lived because the guides enlisted the First Nations to demonstrate at the wildlife branch office in Williams Lake forcing the government to rescind the immature bull opening. Do you get the picture?

I reiterate, THE GUIDES AND FIRST NATIONS ARE NOT OUR FRIENDs. We may scratch their backs, but they will not scratch ours unless they are wanting something that we have and they wish to take it away.

Realize this. With a united front, resident hunters can and will prevail. But being united means that you will have to have a vehicle or organization that will be your force. You will have to drive it. That organization lives today, that organization is the British Columbia Wildlife Federation. Never mind those naysayer that decry that the BCWF is ineffective. Ask them what they are doing to protect their present and future hunting opportunities. The answer is nothing aside from beaking off here and that is about as effective as finger wiping their ass after a big download.

We have sacrificed in the past, that is how the guides foisted the LEH upon us which continues to be our sacrificial collar. We have sacrificed enough, time for some others to pay the piper!

Sure we are not all going to be on the same page at once, but by consensus we can arrive on that page and then march united for our cause.

Think about this. The resident hunter numbers have again surpassed 100,000. The total number of First Nations in this province number approximately 200,000. Our numbers are ½ that of the First Nation, but that makes us the second largest lobby group for our interests. That is a sizable group that the government cannot ignore.

Bottom line, join your locally BCWF affiliated fish and game club. Get involved and makes sure your issues get aired. Sometimes it might not please you, but more and more will eventually get the picture. Champion the cause!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    ya this is a great idea. its too bad only one of the two groups is working with conservation in mind.
    Ya, I just love the way the "One" group proved this with the way they looked after the Buffalo"! True "Conservation" at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Ya, I just love the way the "One" group proved this with the way they looked after the Buffalo"! True "Conservation" at it's finest!
    I guess some will never learn from their mistakes. some will.

I suggest that all members of this forum read Jagermiesters post as many times as needed to understand what he is saying. Truer words were never spoken. We have to act now .

We have to utilize our numbers.

We have to establish control.

We have to be heard.

This whole fiasco was meant to be quietly passed into existence without our notice. Only in the fall, when we load our rigs and fill our tanks, buy our tags and arrive at our destinations will we find that our opportunities have been sold out.

A special request to those here that do not post... please take the time to sign the petitions at the bottom of my page and voice your concerns to your MLA. It only takes a minute and this time next year you can sit back, smile and say "We beat the *******s".

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Grolar and others in the same age category.

Your future hunting lies in your hands.
    You will have to join into the fray to preserve the opportunity and I would suggest that you do it now. It will take a united front by the resident hunters of BC to endure.

The resident hunter has no friends other than resident hunters. You cannot rely on First Nations or the guiding interests because they want to take your opportunities away and then sell them back to you. They have to be resisted.

Guides and First Nations are in cahoots. An example of this is moose in Region 5 before the recent decline.

The moose were grossly mismanaged after the introduction of LEH in Region 7. When Region 7 went to LEH, those that frequented Region 7 turned to Region 5 and the liberal 2 week open GOS for moose. The moose population were decimated by the mid '90s necessitating a curtailment of the GOS for conservation measures. By the mid 2000's the moose population rebounded so that the government introduced an immature bull season. This was short lived because the guides enlisted the First Nations to demonstrate at the wildlife branch office in Williams Lake forcing the government to rescind the immature bull opening. Do you get the picture?

I reiterate, THE GUIDES AND FIRST NATIONS ARE NOT OUR FRIENDs. We may scratch their backs, but they will not scratch ours unless they are wanting something that we have and they wish to take it away.

Realize this. With a united front, resident hunters can and will prevail. But being united means that you will have to have a vehicle or organization that will be your force. You will have to drive it. That organization lives today, that organization is the British Columbia Wildlife Federation. Never mind those naysayer that decry that the BCWF is ineffective. Ask them what they are doing to protect their present and future hunting opportunities. The answer is nothing aside from beaking off here and that is about as effective as finger wiping their ass after a big download.

We have sacrificed in the past, that is how the guides foisted the LEH upon us which continues to be our sacrificial collar. We have sacrificed enough, time for some others to pay the piper!

Sure we are not all going to be on the same page at once, but by consensus we can arrive on that page and then march united for our cause.

Think about this. The resident hunter numbers have again surpassed 100,000. The total number of First Nations in this province number approximately 200,000. Our numbers are ½ that of the First Nation, but that makes us the second largest lobby group for our interests. That is a sizable group that the government cannot ignore.

Bottom line, join your locally BCWF affiliated fish and game club. Get involved and makes sure your issues get aired. Sometimes it might not please you, but more and more will eventually get the picture. Champion the cause!
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

40 years.........you will be living on Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

In 40 years I'll be 102 (dead) that's ok....Hunting in BC?....I'm willing to bet that if you want a tag you will have to buy it from those special Canadians that our politicians call "first nations". The stewards of the wilderness... that have been slaughtering cow moose for years,
    and blame it on the "white pricks" when they take their heads out of their ceremonial ass's long enough to notice the moose are all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolar View Post
    what about blacktailed deer?....will they be a shortage
    Not on your life.....some are even taking up to the city.

all discussions can now be found here

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ds-and-debates
    Last edited by Elkhound; 01-14-2015 at 01:35 PM.